Pirates remain winless in conference play after loss to Creighton

The Seton Hall women’s soccer team was unable to obtain its first Big East win of the season on Sunday, falling to Creighton University by a final score of 2-1. The team’s record now sits at 2-8-4, which includes being 0-5 in conference play. The Pirates started out with an early lead, as Alyssa Reszkowski’s scored in the 4th minute. The Pirates have been trying to make adjustments to get on the board early and secure momentum, but despite the early lead, they were still unable to keep pace with Creighton. The Bluejays scored in the 23rd and 36th minutes to ensure the victory. [caption id="attachment_24437" align="aligncenter" width="838"] Photo via SHU Athletics[/caption] Seton Hall finished with 14 shots (five on goal), which is second this season only to the Oct. 4 game against Villanova, where it put 16 shots towards the net. Reszkowski and Tanika Roach led the way for the Pirates with four shots each. Goalkeeper Anna MacLean made two saves. The team will return to action on Oct. 13 against Saint John’s University at Owen T. Carroll Field. It will also be Senior Night for the Pirates, as they pay tribute to the seven graduating members of the team. Madisyn Travisano can be reached at madisyn.travisano@student.shu.edu or on Twitter @maditravisano.