Start stepping outside your comfort zone

Welcome class of 2022 to your new home here at Seton Hall! We are The Setonian, Seton Hall’s student-run newspaper. Our upperclassmen would like to offer our newest members of the Seton Hall community some advice: Get comfortable stepping outside of your comfort zone. [caption id="attachment_23469" align="aligncenter" width="508"] Photo obtained from google.com.[/caption] College is full of new challenges, but it’s also full of opportunities. Get involved on campus and try new things. It can be scary to try new things, but it’s important to do so. College is all about making new friends, meeting new people and finding out what it is you’re passionate about, and you can’t do that if you’re afraid to try new things. Join a club or an organization. Take part in charity work. Take advantage of the extra-curricular options here at SHU and find what interests you. Putting yourself out there and stepping outside of your comfort zone will open up a whole new world of opportunities. You may learn something new about yourself or find you like a certain hobby. Go to sporting events and games. Attend different events around campus. Apply to internships. If you need help, don’t be afraid to seek guidance from a tutor or counselor. College will offer you challenges, whether it be academic, social or personal. These challenges are opportunities for you to learn and grow from your experiences. So don’t look at obstacles as problems. Instead, look at them as chances for you to better yourself and discover new lessons. Between a new community, new people and living on your own, there are plenty of new things to become adjusted to. It will take some time, but taking a chance and meeting new people or joining clubs will help you get accustomed to campus faster. These next four years will fly by. When you graduate and look back on your college career, you’ll think about all the good times you had and your accomplishments. The first step to making those memories is ditching your comfort zone. So leave your comfort zone more often because that is when all of the great things will happen for you. The Voice is intended to best represent the collective opinion of The Editorial Board. It is written by The Setonian’s Editor-in-Chief and Managing Editor.