5 activities for a sunny day at the Hall

As the weather begins to clear (hopefully) and we look to switch our wardrobes from heavy winter coats to T-shirts and tank tops, Seton Hall offers its students some of the best attractions and events to take advantage of the beautiful weather. To kick off the spring season, here are a few activities you can do to make the best of the rising temperature.

Rock out at the SAB spring concert One event that Seton Hall students look forward to every spring is the Student Activities Boards (SAB) spring concert. In March, the University hosted rap sensation Kyle and a childhood favorite for most students, Jesse McCartney. Freshman public relations major Emily High was in attendance for the concert. “I was really excited to see Jesse McCartney because he was my favorite childhood singer,” High said. High, along with many other Seton Hall students, are looking forward to other concerts that SAB will host in the future.

Go to a Greek-life sponsored activity With the fall semester being filled with recruitment events, the spring is when students look to pledge and eventually become members of sororities and fraternities. Such organizations hold an endless amount of activities that take advantage of the beautiful weather. Last Thursday, the Lambda Theta Alpha sorority hosted a yard show near the University Green, which showcased a number of other sororities and fraternities. It was a great bonding experience for a number of students on campus.

Attend a baseball game With winter gone and men’s basketball season over, a new wave of sports begins and opens up venues for students to have a chance to watch other great Seton Hall athletics. The Seton Hall baseball team is one of many teams that have games outdoors in the nice weather. The Pirates are still going strong, standing with a 14-14-1 record after a big home win against Big East rival Xavier last weekend. Freshman education major Robert Shelly shared his experience at the recent matchup. “It’s really entertaining,” Shelly said. “The team makes it fun and the sound crew makes it interesting with music between the innings.” The next Pirates home game will be against the New Jersey Institute of Technology on April 24.

Lay on the Green As the leaves grow back and the flowers and grass begin to flourish and show the colors that give it its name, the University Green gives students a relaxing place to hang out and romp with fellow students. With 70 degree weather on its way, students can be seen studying, catching a tan and playing games of football, volleyball and Spikeball. So, if you’re looking to throw around a ball or relieve some of that end of semester stress without having to look far, the Green is the place for you.

Rush student tickets to local events Being a college student takes a toll on one’s bank account, making it hard to make the best of your time away from home. Thanks to studentrush.org, you can attend some amazing events for affordable prices. Studentrush.org is a website that allows students to buy tickets for nearby events and attractions, such as sporting events, concerts and museums. The website is not limited to college students, but you can receive cheap tickets for some of their favorite events all year round.

Ronald Castaneda can be reached at ronald.castaneda@student.shu.edu.