Seton Hall lands Patrick School F Valdir Manuel

For the second straight recruiting cycle, a player from The Patrick School (Hillside, N.J.) is headed to Seton Hall. On Friday afternoon, 2018 power forward Valdir Manuel announced his intentions to play for coach Kevin Willard and the Pirates, committing to Seton Hall over offers from Syracuse, Illinois and Temple, among others. [caption id="attachment_22428" align="aligncenter" width="350"] Photo via Twitter/valdir_ngule[/caption] A three-star recruit according to 247Sports, Manuel comes to Seton Hall with a low-post game not typically found in high school big men. With an advanced back-to-the-basket skillset, Manuel slots in nicely with a Seton Hall frontcourt already consisting of Sandro Mamukelashvili, Syracuse transfer Taurean Thompson, Michael Nzei, Romaro Gill and fellow class of 2018 commit Darnell Brodie. A teammate of current Seton Hall point guard Jordan Walker, Manuel was a key component of The Patrick School’s 2017 state championship as a junior. "He's tough," Walker told The Setonian. "He's a good get." In his senior year, Manuel shined for the Celtics, averaging 16 points per game. Similar to Walker in his senior year, Manuel was a fixture at Seton Hall games throughout this past season, frequently joined by Patrick School head coach Chris Chavannes and his teammates behind the Seton Hall bench. Manuel’s commitment makes him the fourth and final member of the 2018 Pirate class, joining South Kent (C.T.) point guard Anthony Nelson, Our Saviour Lutheran (N.Y.) forward Jared Rhoden and the aforementioned Brodie as Seton Hall’s newest recruits. Tyler Calvaruso can be reached at tyler.calvaruso@student.shu.edu or on Twitter @tyler_calvaruso.