Swim and Dive take down local duo on Seton Hall Weekend

It was an impressive sweep for the Seton Hall swimming and diving teams on Saturday afternoon, as Taylor Jackson’s school-record in the six-round, one-meter dive competition was one of many highlights in both teams’ sweep of Garden State opposition Monmouth and Montclair State. Jackson’s score of 325.42 in the one-meter six dives not only lit up the scoreboard inside Arthur E. Imperatore Natatorium, but provided a catalyst for a Seton Hall women’s team that beat Montclair State, 188-81, and Monmouth, 191-91. [caption id="attachment_20274" align="aligncenter" width="838"] Photo via SHU Athletics[/caption] The women took home wins in 13 individual events, to go along with victories in two team events. Clara Capone, Alexa Kolodgie, Sara Ouellette, Amelia Wootton and Elizabeth Sargent each recorded a win in more than one event. The men were stroke for stroke with the women, defeating Montclair State by a score of 173-67, and Monmouth by a similarly lopsided 176-76. The men’s team finished with 14 individual winners, as well as two team victories in the 200-medley relay and the 400-freestyle relay. Joshua Tosoni, Billy Fales, Vadim Jacobson, Dakota Williams, Noah Yanchulis and Timothy Lynch all picked up multiple wins. Pirates head coach Derek Sapp was rightfully excited about the way his team operated amidst a heavy workload. “They performed really well,” Sapp said. “They raced through the entire meet even though they’re sore and tired and beat up. They didn’t let up at all.” Still looking for improvement, Sapp added that he hopes to improve specifically upon turns and race strategy prior to the next meet. That next meet will take place on the road in Morgantown, W. Va., as Seton Hall will face both West Virginia and Xavier University on Friday, Oct. 27. Kevin Kopf can be reached at kevin.kopf@student.shu.edu or on Twitter @KMKTNF.