Students get NFL fix

NFL Sunday Ticket is a streaming service that offers access to any out of market NFL game and Seton Hall students can now purchase it at a discounted price. Normally $69.99 a month, Seton Hall students can get NFL Sunday Ticket at a reduced package of $24.99 for four months. This significantly reduces the monthly price for the service to about $6.25 per month, saving students over $60 for a month’s worth of games – and saving over $250 for the entire season. Students can also get their first week free, but they will automatically be enrolled into the service if they do not manually cancel the service at the end of the trial. [caption id="attachment_19553" align="aligncenter" width="576"] Photo via Seton Hall Bookstore[/caption] While many Seton Hall students are fans of the local New York Giants or Jets and do not need to worry about missing their team each week, this plan gives fans of teams outside of the local market an opportunity to catch their games each week. Freshman Dalton Allison finally has the chance to see his favorite team, the Dallas Cowboys, week in and week out. “It’s important to see my team play,” Allison said. “The Cowboys are an out of market team that aren’t always on the national broadcasted games. “This is a great discount, the price that they offer is well worth the purchase if you’re a committed fan.” Tim Bonomo, a graduate student, is a fan of a team with even less of an international presence – the Tennessee Titans. The Titans have only two games that will air on national television this season – against the Colts and Steelers. Being in a separate division from either local team means that the Titans rarely see the screen in the New York market. Bonomo now has the chance to see up to fourteen games that he would usually miss. “I actually have it at home, but I’d consider it,” Bonomo said on purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket. “The only reason I have the standard service is because I have a relative in Maryland and we split the cost.” NFL Sunday Ticket customers can watch selected games on their laptops, smartphones, Playstation 4 or Xbox One consoles. However, if the selected game is airing on the local CBS or FOX affiliate, it may be subject to blackout restrictions. The service can be purchased at nflst.directv.com/student. Matt Lapolla can be reached at matthew.lapolla@student.shu.edu or on Twitter @MatthewLapolla.