Pirates add Quincy McKnight from Sacred Heart, who will sit out 2017-18 season

The Pirates finished a spring of roster reinforcements on Friday with the addition of junior Quincy McKnight, Evan Daniels reports. The 6-foot, 3-inch guard comes to Seton Hall from Sacred Heart University and will sit out the upcoming season, with two seasons of eligibility on the court beginning in fall 2018. "I'm excited to join the Seton Hall family," McKnight told The Setonian. "There's definitely a lot of hype about this upcoming season which will be great to be a part of." [caption id="attachment_19195" align="aligncenter" width="720"] Facebook/Quincy Smooth Mcknight[/caption] McKnight is in many ways a feel-good story, arriving at Sacred Heart as a two-star recruit but quickly displaying to fans and players alike that those recruiting metrics did not tell the whole story. McKnight averaged 11.4 points per game in his freshman season and rose that number to 18.9 for his latest, sophomore season. https://twitter.com/SetonHallMBB/status/884491217106612225 In addition to his scoring, McKnight also packs a noticeable punch distributing the ball. His assist total during his freshman season was 2.5 per game, and that number rose to 3.0 in his sophomore season. Perhaps most assuring to Pirates fans will be his free throw number, which stood at a solid 77.5 percent last season. While he will be sitting out a year, McKnight knows he will stay involved with the team. "Just being able to watch and play against the upcoming seniors every day in practice and learning from them will be great and allow me to help the team continue to be successful when I do play," McKnight said. With the introduction of McKnight, the Seton Hall men’s basketball roster is now at full-capacity for the 2017-18 season, even with the fact that McKnight will again not suit up for the blue and white until a year from this fall. Other schools recruiting McKnight included Penn State, Georgia Tech, Saint Louis, Saint Joseph's and Temple, among others, Chris McManus reports. James Justice can be reached at james.justice@student.shu.edu or on Twitter @JamesJusticeIII.