Activities to get into spring of things

With the recent weather being so nice and rainy showers, we are reminded that it’s springtime. The first day of spring began on March 20 which means that you can enjoy your favorite spring time activities. Seton Hall University is noted for “the green.” After catching up with a few students and professors from campus, the green has become a campus favorite place to hangout. Nicholas Durant, a junior communications major, said his favorite springtime activities include reading a good book on the green, playing wiffle ball on the lawn behind the cafeteria and going for walks around the campus with his girlfriend. When the weather is nice you can come out to the green to see a lot of students taking advantage of the nice weather and gathered on the lawn doing various activities. Cynthia Fellows, a Chinese professor, said no matter how busy she may find herself during the spring semester, she can always find time to admire the Seton Hall landscape such as the flowering viburnum and pieris japonica. Kenny Dolbery, a junior journalism major, said some of his favorite spring time activities consisted of attending a variety of off-campus parties and sporting events as well as taking a visit to the village. The small village of South Orange is just a short distance and easy walk from the campus where students can spend time hanging out with friends or visiting the many shops and restaurants. While, Cold Stone and the South Orange Performing Arts Center (SOPAC) are also places to go during the warm weather. Whether you decide to spend your days around campus or away, there is always some activities which you can have fun experiencing. Alexis Hordge can be reached at alexis.hordge@student.shu.edu