Greeks students united in new mobile app

greeklifegrahic-01 The release of mobile application OneGreek today Nov. 12 unveils a new meaning behind ‘Greek Unity’ for sororities and fraternities on campus. OneGreek, available in Play and App stores, allows sorority and fraternity members to connect with other chapters across the nation and share in the culture. Gavin Glatting, OneGreek cofounder, said with this app, “Greeks can explore what their organization is like at other universities throughout the country.” Glatting and his business partner, Samuel Garst, alum of the University of Arizona, created the app when they “discovered the overwhelming lack of options for sharing, exploring, and learning about fraternity and sorority chapters,” Glatting said. Glatting said OneGreek has received more than 5,000 pre-registrations from Greeks at over 100 campuses across the country. The newly released app includes features such as Nationwide Newsfeed, which combines features of Instagram and Twitter but specifically for Greeks. Glatting said OneGreek also features filtered newsfeeds filled with trending and live streams of posts from collegiate Greeks and chapters across the nation. ‘Liking’ features include users seeing what college and chapter posts originate from and the total number of female and male users who ‘like’ posts. OneGreek allows a network of only verified Greeks and friends they invite and verify to join, making the mobile app exclusive for collegiate Greeks. Greeks who are not invited by friends will be manually verified after registration. Samantha Todd can be reached at samantha.todd@student.shu.edu