Hansen dominates as Pirates sweep Butler

[caption id="attachment_11396" align="alignnone" width="660"]Seton Hall Athletics Seton Hall Athletics[/caption]   Just as she has done many times this season, senior Amanda Hansen powered the Seton Hall volleyball team (9-9, 3-3) to a sweep over the Butler Bulldogs (5-13, 2-4) Friday night, snapping a two-game losing streak. Following a 21-kill effort in a five-set loss to Providence, Hansen was at it again, leading the team with 18 kills and just one attacking error. Her .500 attack percentage also led the team, and she contributed three solo blocks and two block assists. Freshman setter Sophia Coffey also had a very strong night, tallying 33 assists as well as a team-high 11 digs. Seton Hall never trailed in the first set, scoring five straight points and never looking back. The Bulldogs would cut the lead to one, 21-20, before the Pirates took control and won the set 25-22. Seton Hall then went on to dominate the second set, totaling 15 kills and just two errors for a .464 attack percentage. Trailing 9-8, the Pirates went on a 9-2 run and wound up winning in convincing fashion, 25-15. The third set was very similar, with both teams deadlocked at 10 points apiece before Seton Hall went on a 7-1 run to take over the set. Up 22-18, the Pirates scored three straight points to earn the sweep, with Hansen fittingly recording the 25th and final point. She would tally nine of her 18 kills in set three alone. The win could not have come at a better time, as Seton Hall now readies itself for a crucial match against Xavier, a team sitting just one game above the Pirates in the standings. That match takes place Saturday night at 6 p.m. in Walsh Gymnasium.   Bobby Bevilacqua can be reached at robert.bevilacqua@student.shu.edu