The Other Woman' leaves audience laughing

Everyone wants a perfect relationship, but maybe not four of them. On Friday, April 25 "The Other Woman" was released in theaters and topped the box office with a comedy trio coming to the screen creating drama and laughs.

This film features three popular and successful actresses Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann and Kate Upton as the girlfriend, the wife and the mistress, respectively, who find out they are all being deceived by the same successful and businessman. They hope and plan to get their revenge on him.

Carly (Diaz) is a New York lawyer in her 40s who first discovers that her boyfriend Mark, the womanizer (played by Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) is married when she shows up at his door looking for him in Connecticut. Mark's wife, Kate (Mann), runs into Carly at her office later to ask her advice. In a matter of days the two women find out about yet another girl. Apparently he is seeing a second mistress, Amber, played by Upton.

The three women join forces and discover yet a fourth woman in Mark's life. At this point they team up to get revenge on the man who has been leading and cheating on all of them for who knows how long now. The storyline goes into twists and turns and showing Mark that he maybe cannot pull off dating four women at the same time.

The comedy leaves the audience laughing similarly to movies like "Bridesmaids" and "John Tucker Must Die," and is for sure a movie you can go to see with a group of your friends. Through the laughs and tears Diaz, Mann, and Upton take over the screen and keep the audience on their toes for what is going to come next.

Amanda Boyer can be reached at amanda.boyer@student.shu.edu.