Successful Health Fair educates students

The slogan of this year's Health Fair, which ran from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. on Thursday, April 10, was "Just for the Health of it!"

Students were able to spread awareness about the event using the hashtag "#gotshuhealth" on social media sites.

Kelly Fristensky, president of the Student Nursing Association, said the main mission of the fair is always to promote health and well-being to the entire Seton Hall community.

"We emphasize on issues that are pertinent to our young adult population," Fristensky said.

Vendors on the Green included the Muscular Dystrophy Association, Seton Hall Nursing Alumni, Counseling and Psychological Services, Alpha Phi, Seton Hall Health Services, Relay for Life and many more.

Amidst visiting the vendors, students could also climb the ROTC rock wall and exercise by doing yoga and hula hooping on the Green.

"The difference between this year and previous years is that we really have tried to incorporate more of Seton Hall's organizations rather than outside organizations as vendors," Fristensky said. "This was important to us because each of these organizations truly know our population intimately."

In addition to vendors, a blood drive was hosted in the University Center Main Lounge with the New Jersey Blood Association.

"The Health Fair is so important to us because it really brings our Seton Hall populace together for a fun and educational day all in the name of promoting health and raising awareness on a multitude of health topics," Fristensky said.

Leah Carton can be reached at leah.carton@student.shu.edu.