Everyone loves a good Christmas film, but which one is the best? Whether it’s a classic film or a new comedy, Christmas movies are the perfect way to bring out the holiday spirit.
1. A Christmas Story – All Ralphie wants for Christmas is a Red Rider BB gun, but everyone is against it, repeatedly telling him: “You’ll shoot your eye out.”
2. Home Alone – When Kevin is accidently left behind when his family goes to France for Christmas, he is forced to protect his home and himself from two moronic burglars.
3. White Christmas – Two army buddies from an entertainment duo join together with two sisters to try and save their commanding general’s inn.
4. The Muppet Christmas Carol – In the Muppet version of the classic story, Ebenezer Scrooge, a miser who hates Christmas, gets visited by three ghosts trying to change his ways.
5. The Santa Clause – After Tim Allen’s character accidently kills Santa Claus, he is forced to take the big man’s place at the North Pole.
6. It’s a Wonderful Life – George Bailey, an unhappy man living in a small town, is shown what it would be like if he had never existed.
7. Elf – Buddy the Elf, played by Will Ferrell, learns that he is not really an elf and sets out to New York City to find his real father.
8. Miracle on 34th Street – A little girl who no longer believes in Santa is given a second chance in the magic of Christmas when she meets a department store Santa.
9. How the Grinch Stole Christmas – The Grinch, played by Jim Carrey in the newest remake, is determined to steal Christmas from Whoville, but the friendship of a small child makes him rethink his evil scheme.
10. Polar Express – Based on the children’s book, a little boy who no longer believes in Santa hops on a magical train that takes him to the North Pole for Christmas Eve.
Kristyn Lyncheski can be reached at email@example.com.