Seton Hall campus ministry events

This Christmas season you don't need to venture beyond the gates of Seton Hall to get into the Christmas spirit. Seton Hall and Campus Ministry offer a wide variety of events sure to brighten the few remaining weeks of school.

The festivities kick off Dec. 2 at 6 p.m. with the Christmas tree lighting ceremony, which will take place on the University Green in front of President's Hall. Adding to the ambiance, Seton Hall's campus choir will serenade those present with Christmas carols. Caramel corn and hot apple cider will be served.

Also reminiscent of Rockefeller Center, Seton Hall will bring an outdoor skating rink to campus, providing skates for students, on Dec. 5at 3 p.m.

And if you still haven't had your fill of Christmas Carols, head to the Pirate's Cove the following Wednesday, Dec. 8 at 8 p.m., to see Seton Hall's Jazz Band perform.

Amid all this enjoyment, take a minute to remember those less fortunate by participating in DOVE's Toy Drive. This annual event, which began at the end of November, will conclude Dec. 8. Stop by the Giving Tree in the library or the DOVE office to pick up a toy tag for children of the Genoa Christian Center in West Virginia and St. John's Soup Kitchen in Newark. Return the tag with an unwrapped toy to the DOVE office or bring it to any mass on Sunday, Dec. 6.

For a full list of Seton Hall's Christmas events, see the poster hanging outside the Cove or the recent email sent by the Office of Mission and Ministry.

Cathryn Wiatroski can be reached at cathryn.wiatroski@student.shu.edu.