Breaking News!

Zombie Apocalypse!!

Zombies are everywhere!!!!!

Top College News Subscribe to the Newsletter

Pirates lose close matchup with Cincinnati

Men's basketball drops to 7-9 in Big East play

Assistant Sports Editor

Published: Saturday, February 18, 2012

Updated: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 14:09

Leah Poland, The Setonian

Leah Poland, The Setonian

Leah Poland, The Setonian

The Seton Hall men's basketball team found itself down early and could never recover on Saturday evening, falling to the Cincinnati Bearcats, 62-57.

Senior Jordan Theodore finished with 15 points, seven rebounds, and five assists for the Hall, but shot just 6-of-22 from the field and missed all four of his shots from beyond the arc.

The Pirates (18-9, 7-8) also received 15 points and three rebounds from sophomore Fuquan Edwin, while senior Herb Pope recorded his 15th double-double of the season, with 10 points and 13 rebounds.

Cincinnati (19-8, 9-5) was able to take an early lead thanks to the hot shooting of senior Dion Dixon who shot 5-of-14 from the field and finished with a game-high 20 points, six rebounds, and five assists.

Junior Cashmere Wright added 13 points for the Bearcats while junior Jaquon Parker came off the bench with 12 points and six rebounds.

The win snaps a three-game winning streak for Seton Hall and gives the Pirates their fifth straight road loss in Big East play.

Cincinnati is now 4-1 in their last five games

The Pirates return to action on Tuesday night when they host the No. 9 Georgetown Hoyas, a matchup that could determine whether or not the Pirates make the NCAA Tournament. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m.

Recommended: Articles that may interest you

Be the first to comment on this article! Log in to Comment

You must be logged in to comment on an article. Not already a member? Register now