Breaking News!

Zombie Apocalypse!!

Zombies are everywhere!!!!!

Top College News Subscribe to the Newsletter

Lawrence, Jackson dismissed from team

Seton Hall men's basketball team shaken up just hours before rematch with Rutgers

Editor in Chief

Published: Saturday, February 12, 2011

Updated: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 14:09

keonl

Milan Stanic, The Setonian

Keon Lawrence, although suspended, was present at the Pirates' home opener November 13, 2009 against St. Peter's.

jamel3

Milan Stanic, The Setonian

Jamel Jackson shoots another three, one of his record breaking twelve against VMI.

Lawrence vs. Longwood

Milan Stanic, The Setonian

Senior guard Keon Lawrence shoots on Longwood University

Jackson vs. Longwood

Milan Stanic, The Setonian

Senior guard Jackson against Longwood

Senior guards Keon Lawrence and Jamel Jackson have been dismissed from the men's basketball team, effective immediately.

The decision was announced by head coach Kevin Willard on Saturday afternoon, hours before the Pirates will meet Rutgers for the second time this year.

According to the announcement, the dismissal of the two players comes after "a violation of team rules and an ongoing pattern of conduct unbecoming of a representative of Seton Hall athletics."

Lawrence seemed to be in a turnaround season after a rough start to his Pirate career. After transferring to the Hall from Missouri, he made headlines last fall after an incident where he was in a motor vehicle accident while driving the wrong way on the Garden State Parkway.

Jackson, meanwhile, failed to live up to many expectations, especially this fall with the loss of guard Jeremy Hazell due to injury.

Jackson's legacy at the Hall will likely be his record-setting three-point showing at home against VMI last season.

Lawrence played in all 24 of Seton Hall's games this year, averaging 4.5 points per game and 2.9 assists per game. Jackson played in 19 of the 24 contests and averaged 4.6 points per game.

Brian Wisowaty can be reached at brian.wisowaty@student.shu.edu.

Recommended: Articles that may interest you

Be the first to comment on this article! Log in to Comment

You must be logged in to comment on an article. Not already a member? Register now