PNC explains issues with ATM machine
Some students are complaining that the Xavier dormitory ATM machine often does not work.
Freshman Nicole Rapaglia said she went to it to take out money a few times and it would not dispense the money.
"I also couldn't put in my checks, and I have a PNC account," Repaglia said.
Director of Media Relations Laurie Pine spoke for PNC, who she said operates the machines on campus.
She said the machines have a self-diagnostic that when money levels are low or it is not working properly, it will alert the bank.
"PNC checks its machines on a regular basis," Pine said. "The machine in Xavier was not depleted of money, but there was a problem with the dispenser in September."
Pine said the problem has since been fixed, according to PNC.
Sophomore Corey Dechiaro said she and her friend, junior Nicole Fischer, tried using the ATM in Xavier and it would not dispense her money.
She said they then went to the ATM outside of the cafeteria and that did not work either.
"I really needed the money and had to go off campus to Rite Aid," Dechiaro said.
Freshman Angelica Contino also said she experienced problems with the machine in Xavier.
"Yeah there were a few times where the ATM wasn't working and I couldn't get my money," Contino said.
She said she is more concerned actually with a bigger problem. Her card is showing up with charges she did not make.
"I think my card number was stolen at one of those machines," Contino said. "I was checking my virtual charges and one came up in Woodbridge mall."
Woodbridge shopping mall is not far from Seton Hall. Contino said she is still checking her account and is currently working on getting those charges removed.
Lindsay Rittenhouse can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More thesetonian News Articles
Recent thesetonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THESETONIAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THESETONIAN NEWS
- Simmons squared: Women win 10th straight behind Daisha and Didi
- MBB dominates USF for first true road win
- Streaking women's earns their ninth win in a row
- MBB: Mobley, Pirates handle the Peacocks
- Pirates fail to shock Wichita State, handed first loss
- Seton Hall women’s team wins crucial non-conference game
- Best Albums of 2014
RECENT THESETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists