PNC explains issues with ATM machine
Some students are complaining that the Xavier dormitory ATM machine often does not work.
Freshman Nicole Rapaglia said she went to it to take out money a few times and it would not dispense the money.
"I also couldn't put in my checks, and I have a PNC account," Repaglia said.
Director of Media Relations Laurie Pine spoke for PNC, who she said operates the machines on campus.
She said the machines have a self-diagnostic that when money levels are low or it is not working properly, it will alert the bank.
"PNC checks its machines on a regular basis," Pine said. "The machine in Xavier was not depleted of money, but there was a problem with the dispenser in September."
Pine said the problem has since been fixed, according to PNC.
Sophomore Corey Dechiaro said she and her friend, junior Nicole Fischer, tried using the ATM in Xavier and it would not dispense her money.
She said they then went to the ATM outside of the cafeteria and that did not work either.
"I really needed the money and had to go off campus to Rite Aid," Dechiaro said.
Freshman Angelica Contino also said she experienced problems with the machine in Xavier.
"Yeah there were a few times where the ATM wasn't working and I couldn't get my money," Contino said.
She said she is more concerned actually with a bigger problem. Her card is showing up with charges she did not make.
"I think my card number was stolen at one of those machines," Contino said. "I was checking my virtual charges and one came up in Woodbridge mall."
Woodbridge shopping mall is not far from Seton Hall. Contino said she is still checking her account and is currently working on getting those charges removed.
Lindsay Rittenhouse can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Setonian News Articles
Recent The Setonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE SETONIAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SETONIAN NEWS
- Women’s basketball cruises to road win over Xavier
- Prendergast stellar as Pirates collect first win
- Life is short, ‘what we can control is how we live’
- Editorial: Do not glamorize, excuse violence
- Babysitting to get by, students share their experiences
- In Loving Memory...
- Seton Hall not ranked in drug-related arrest count survey
RECENT THE SETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
- For Advanced Heart Failure Patients, There Is Hope
- Bringing Chiropractic to the Little League
- Singapore Pastor Kong Hee Maintains Innocence, Gains...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes
- Students kill three birds with one stone
- Sodexo Expands Ongoing Commitment to More Humane Supply Chain through its Comprehensive Animal Welfare Policy