PNC explains issues with ATM machine
Some students are complaining that the Xavier dormitory ATM machine often does not work.
Freshman Nicole Rapaglia said she went to it to take out money a few times and it would not dispense the money.
"I also couldn't put in my checks, and I have a PNC account," Repaglia said.
Director of Media Relations Laurie Pine spoke for PNC, who she said operates the machines on campus.
She said the machines have a self-diagnostic that when money levels are low or it is not working properly, it will alert the bank.
"PNC checks its machines on a regular basis," Pine said. "The machine in Xavier was not depleted of money, but there was a problem with the dispenser in September."
Pine said the problem has since been fixed, according to PNC.
Sophomore Corey Dechiaro said she and her friend, junior Nicole Fischer, tried using the ATM in Xavier and it would not dispense her money.
She said they then went to the ATM outside of the cafeteria and that did not work either.
"I really needed the money and had to go off campus to Rite Aid," Dechiaro said.
Freshman Angelica Contino also said she experienced problems with the machine in Xavier.
"Yeah there were a few times where the ATM wasn't working and I couldn't get my money," Contino said.
She said she is more concerned actually with a bigger problem. Her card is showing up with charges she did not make.
"I think my card number was stolen at one of those machines," Contino said. "I was checking my virtual charges and one came up in Woodbridge mall."
Woodbridge shopping mall is not far from Seton Hall. Contino said she is still checking her account and is currently working on getting those charges removed.
Lindsay Rittenhouse can be reached at email@example.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Setonian News Articles
Recent The Setonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE SETONIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SETONIAN NEWS
RECENT THE SETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses