SHU law grad takes the gavel on family issues
A 1996 Seton Hall law graduate was sworn in as a superior court judge at the Middlesex County Superior Court Courtroom in New Brunswick, N.J. on Jan. 27.
Lisa M. Vignuolo is assigned to the Family Division of the Middlesex County Superior Court.
She will be working with family related cases involving divorce, domestic violence, juvenile delinquency, child support, foster-care placements, adoption and custody and visitation and termination of rights of the parents.
About 350,000 cases are handled in the Family Division each year, Alexander Kemeny, former coworker of Vignuolo at the Borrus, Goldin, Foley, Vignuolo, Hyman & Stahl firm said.
Kemeny continued to say that Seton Hall should take pride in Vignuolo and many of its other graduates accomplishments.
"As a judge, the Honorable Lisa M. Vignuolo is constitutionally entrusted with the fair and just resolution of disputes in order to preserve the rule of law and to protect the rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States and the State of New Jersey," Kemeny said."She plans to provide a forum for those seeking justice and redress from the wrongs that they have suffered."
Kemeny added that Vignuolo's previous experience will help her be a judge for the family division.
"Judge Vignuolo's experience practicing matrimonial and family law, litigation, mediation and real estate law makes her particularly well-suited for the Family Division," Kemeny said. "The occasion of her departure from our firm was bittersweet because we will all miss her greatly, but we are grateful that people of New Jersey will be able to benefit from her experience and skill."
After graduating from Seton Hall University Law, the judge worked at the Borrus, Goldin, Foley, Vignuolo, Hyman and Stahl firm as an attorney since 1996. According to Kemeny, Judge Vignuolo will make an excellent judge due to the qualities she exhibits.
"Working with the Judge before she left our firm, I was able to observe Judge Vignuolo's skill as a legal practitioner," Kemeny said. "As an attorney, she was patient, compassionate, eager to listen before making decisions and extremely intelligent. Those are the same skills that make for an excellent judge."
For further information about Judge Lisa Vignuolo, please visit the firm's Web site at www.borrus.com.
Jacqueline DeBenedetto can be reached at email@example.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Setonian News Articles
Recent The Setonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE SETONIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SETONIAN NEWS
- Men’s Soccer Does Not Disappoint with 2-0 Win in Home Opener
- Men’s Soccer Team Holds On To Tie in Their Season Opener
- Comeback Win Against FGC Leads Pirates to Take Two of Three at Hurricane...
- Seton Hall Women’s Soccer Struggles Offensively, Falls to Rutgers
- Orner Chasing New Goal in Final Season
- Experienced Group Looks to Take Seton Hall Volleyball to Next Level this Fall
- Move-In Day: There’s an App for That
RECENT THE SETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care