SHU law grad takes the gavel on family issues
A 1996 Seton Hall law graduate was sworn in as a superior court judge at the Middlesex County Superior Court Courtroom in New Brunswick, N.J. on Jan. 27.
Lisa M. Vignuolo is assigned to the Family Division of the Middlesex County Superior Court.
She will be working with family related cases involving divorce, domestic violence, juvenile delinquency, child support, foster-care placements, adoption and custody and visitation and termination of rights of the parents.
About 350,000 cases are handled in the Family Division each year, Alexander Kemeny, former coworker of Vignuolo at the Borrus, Goldin, Foley, Vignuolo, Hyman & Stahl firm said.
Kemeny continued to say that Seton Hall should take pride in Vignuolo and many of its other graduates accomplishments.
"As a judge, the Honorable Lisa M. Vignuolo is constitutionally entrusted with the fair and just resolution of disputes in order to preserve the rule of law and to protect the rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States and the State of New Jersey," Kemeny said."She plans to provide a forum for those seeking justice and redress from the wrongs that they have suffered."
Kemeny added that Vignuolo's previous experience will help her be a judge for the family division.
"Judge Vignuolo's experience practicing matrimonial and family law, litigation, mediation and real estate law makes her particularly well-suited for the Family Division," Kemeny said. "The occasion of her departure from our firm was bittersweet because we will all miss her greatly, but we are grateful that people of New Jersey will be able to benefit from her experience and skill."
After graduating from Seton Hall University Law, the judge worked at the Borrus, Goldin, Foley, Vignuolo, Hyman and Stahl firm as an attorney since 1996. According to Kemeny, Judge Vignuolo will make an excellent judge due to the qualities she exhibits.
"Working with the Judge before she left our firm, I was able to observe Judge Vignuolo's skill as a legal practitioner," Kemeny said. "As an attorney, she was patient, compassionate, eager to listen before making decisions and extremely intelligent. Those are the same skills that make for an excellent judge."
For further information about Judge Lisa Vignuolo, please visit the firm's Web site at www.borrus.com.
Jacqueline DeBenedetto can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Setonian News Articles
Recent The Setonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE SETONIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SETONIAN NEWS
RECENT THE SETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections