Father Antonio Bico passes at age 43
A portion of the “F” lot, which runs around the Rec Center. This street is closest to the Ivy Hill Park entrance. Brian Wisowaty, The Setonian
The Rev. Antonio Bico, an assistant professor of systematic theology in the Immaculate Conception Seminary School of Theology, passed away on Sept. 22 at the age of 43, after a prolonged illness.
According to a broadcast e-mail sent out by interim President Gabriel Esteban, Bico worked in drug rehabilitation ministry and prison ministry. He was also spiritual director of the seminary.
Fr. Bico was born in Coimbra, Portugal before he lived Elizabeth, N.J. for 12 years. He lived in Union prior to moving to South Orange, and graduated from Seton Hall in 1989.
While studying in Rome, Fr. Bico was ordained a deacon in October 1992. He was ordained to the priesthood in Newark in 1993 and served as parochial vicar at Holy Cross Church in Harrison, N.J., Our Lady of Fatima Parish in Elizabeth and as parochial vicar and administrator at Our Lady of Fatima Parish in Newark.
Fr. Bico is survived by his parents, Antonio and Felismina Bico, his twin brother, Agostinho, his sister, Fernanda Nunes and his maternal grandmother, Mercedes
Nicole Bitette can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Setonian News Articles
Recent The Setonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE SETONIAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SETONIAN NEWS
- MBB: Hall gets commitment from Singh
- Baseball: Pirates drop two in double header
- SHU tennis sweeps the weekend
- Women lock up conference title after wild finish
- Pirates break losing skid behind Karlis’ hot shooting
- Women’s basketball cruises to road win over Xavier
- Prendergast stellar as Pirates collect first win
RECENT THE SETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
- For Advanced Heart Failure Patients, There Is Hope
- Bringing Chiropractic to the Little League
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes
- Students kill three birds with one stone