Father Antonio Bico passes at age 43
A portion of the “F” lot, which runs around the Rec Center. This street is closest to the Ivy Hill Park entrance. Brian Wisowaty, The Setonian
The Rev. Antonio Bico, an assistant professor of systematic theology in the Immaculate Conception Seminary School of Theology, passed away on Sept. 22 at the age of 43, after a prolonged illness.
According to a broadcast e-mail sent out by interim President Gabriel Esteban, Bico worked in drug rehabilitation ministry and prison ministry. He was also spiritual director of the seminary.
Fr. Bico was born in Coimbra, Portugal before he lived Elizabeth, N.J. for 12 years. He lived in Union prior to moving to South Orange, and graduated from Seton Hall in 1989.
While studying in Rome, Fr. Bico was ordained a deacon in October 1992. He was ordained to the priesthood in Newark in 1993 and served as parochial vicar at Holy Cross Church in Harrison, N.J., Our Lady of Fatima Parish in Elizabeth and as parochial vicar and administrator at Our Lady of Fatima Parish in Newark.
Fr. Bico is survived by his parents, Antonio and Felismina Bico, his twin brother, Agostinho, his sister, Fernanda Nunes and his maternal grandmother, Mercedes
Nicole Bitette can be reached at email@example.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Setonian News Articles
Recent The Setonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE SETONIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SETONIAN NEWS
RECENT THE SETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care