Work to do in the city
Pirates head to Manhattan for Big East Tournament needing wins for NCAA bid
Seeking some déjà vu, it's the Friars on deck for the men's basketball team for the second straight game.
In need of wins to bolster a questionable NCAA Tournament resume, Seton Hall will cross the river and head to the 2010 Big East Tournament starting on Tuesday at Madison Square Garden in New York.
After the conference's regular season concluded on Saturday, the Pirates drew the No. 10 seed and will meet Providence at 7 p.m. on Tuesday. Seton Hall defeated the Friars on the road on Saturday, 92-80.
The winner will meet the No. 7 seeded Notre Dame Fighting Irish at the same time on Wednesday.
With much of the buzz about Seton Hall and March Madness requiring the Pirates to play at least into the tournament's semifinals, the draw is somewhat favorable. If the team can defeat its first two opponents, it would compete against the No. 2 seeded Pitt Panthers on Thursday at 7 p.m.
Pitt has had great success in recent years at the tournament, but did fall in one of its two meeting to the Pirates in the regular season.
Seton Hall stunned the then-No. 11 Panthers, 64-61, on Jan. 24 at Prudential Center.
But in the rematch at the Petersen Events Center, then-No. 21 Pitt blew out Seton Hall, 83-58, on Feb. 6.
The Setonian will have complete coverage of the Pirates in the 2010 Big East Tournament.
POSSIBLE MATCH-UPS FOR SETON HALL AND TIMES
(Confirmed) Tuesday vs. No. 15 seeded Providence, 7 p.m. (round one)
Wednesday vs. No. 7 seeded Notre Dame, 7 p.m. (round two)
Thursday vs. No. 2 seeded Pitt, 7 p.m. (quarterfinals)
Friday vs. Cincinnati/Rutgers/Louisville/West Virginia, 9 p.m. (semifinals)
Championship game, Saturday at 9 p.m.
* 9 p.m. game may be delayed based upon end of prior game
Brian Wisowaty can be reached at email@example.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More thesetonian News Articles
Recent thesetonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THESETONIAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THESETONIAN NEWS
RECENT THESETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Railway Emergency Training Keeps Responders on Track
- 6 Myths About Pet Allergies
- Medical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well, a Weed
- 6 Common Myths About Pet Allergies
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Superbugs
- BrainStormers: Backyard DIY Inventors Tackle Weather,...
- 4 Surprising Tips You Need to Know Before Buying or...
- What Does It Mean to File a Tax Extension?
- 8 consejos para que las personas de la tercera edad...
- Buyer Beware: Termite Inspections a Necessity for Spring...