Work to do in the city
Pirates head to Manhattan for Big East Tournament needing wins for NCAA bid
Seeking some déjà vu, it's the Friars on deck for the men's basketball team for the second straight game.
In need of wins to bolster a questionable NCAA Tournament resume, Seton Hall will cross the river and head to the 2010 Big East Tournament starting on Tuesday at Madison Square Garden in New York.
After the conference's regular season concluded on Saturday, the Pirates drew the No. 10 seed and will meet Providence at 7 p.m. on Tuesday. Seton Hall defeated the Friars on the road on Saturday, 92-80.
The winner will meet the No. 7 seeded Notre Dame Fighting Irish at the same time on Wednesday.
With much of the buzz about Seton Hall and March Madness requiring the Pirates to play at least into the tournament's semifinals, the draw is somewhat favorable. If the team can defeat its first two opponents, it would compete against the No. 2 seeded Pitt Panthers on Thursday at 7 p.m.
Pitt has had great success in recent years at the tournament, but did fall in one of its two meeting to the Pirates in the regular season.
Seton Hall stunned the then-No. 11 Panthers, 64-61, on Jan. 24 at Prudential Center.
But in the rematch at the Petersen Events Center, then-No. 21 Pitt blew out Seton Hall, 83-58, on Feb. 6.
The Setonian will have complete coverage of the Pirates in the 2010 Big East Tournament.
POSSIBLE MATCH-UPS FOR SETON HALL AND TIMES
(Confirmed) Tuesday vs. No. 15 seeded Providence, 7 p.m. (round one)
Wednesday vs. No. 7 seeded Notre Dame, 7 p.m. (round two)
Thursday vs. No. 2 seeded Pitt, 7 p.m. (quarterfinals)
Friday vs. Cincinnati/Rutgers/Louisville/West Virginia, 9 p.m. (semifinals)
Championship game, Saturday at 9 p.m.
* 9 p.m. game may be delayed based upon end of prior game
Brian Wisowaty can be reached at email@example.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Setonian News Articles
Recent The Setonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE SETONIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SETONIAN NEWS
- Auda Moving on From Seton Hall to Play for Polish Team, Edwin to Play in Italy
- Seton Hall Volleyball Releases Home Heavy 2014-Schedule
- Breaking Down the Decision: Lebron’s Return to a City in Need
- LeBron's Maturity Could Be Key Piece to Return to Cleveland
- Seton Hall Men’s Golf to Play in Six Tournaments This Fall
- Roster, Schedule Changes Leading Tony Bozzella to Heightened Expectations for...
- Seton Hall Alum Grilli Traded to the Angels
RECENT THE SETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Raising Autism Awareness for Better Lives
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?