Lawrence, Jackson dismissed from team
Seton Hall men's basketball team shaken up just hours before rematch with Rutgers
Keon Lawrence, although suspended, was present at the Pirates' home opener November 13, 2009 against St. Peter's. Milan Stanic, The Setonian
Jamel Jackson shoots another three, one of his record breaking twelve against VMI. Milan Stanic, The Setonian
Senior guard Keon Lawrence shoots on Longwood University. Milan Stanic, The Setonian
Senior guard Jackson against Longwood. Milan Stanic, The Setonian
Senior guards Keon Lawrence and Jamel Jackson have been dismissed from the men's basketball team, effective immediately.
The decision was announced by head coach Kevin Willard on Saturday afternoon, hours before the Pirates will meet Rutgers for the second time this year.
According to the announcement, the dismissal of the two players comes after "a violation of team rules and an ongoing pattern of conduct unbecoming of a representative of Seton Hall athletics."
Lawrence seemed to be in a turnaround season after a rough start to his Pirate career. After transferring to the Hall from Missouri, he made headlines last fall after an incident where he was in a motor vehicle accident while driving the wrong way on the Garden State Parkway.
Jackson, meanwhile, failed to live up to many expectations, especially this fall with the loss of guard Jeremy Hazell due to injury.
Jackson's legacy at the Hall will likely be his record-setting three-point showing at home against VMI last season.
Lawrence played in all 24 of Seton Hall's games this year, averaging 4.5 points per game and 2.9 assists per game. Jackson played in 19 of the 24 contests and averaged 4.6 points per game.
Brian Wisowaty can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Setonian News Articles
Recent The Setonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE SETONIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SETONIAN NEWS
- Auda Moving on From Seton Hall to Play for Polish Team, Edwin to Play in Italy
- Seton Hall Volleyball Releases Home Heavy 2014-Schedule
- Breaking Down the Decision: Lebron’s Return to a City in Need
- LeBron's Maturity Could Be Key Piece to Return to Cleveland
- Seton Hall Men’s Golf to Play in Six Tournaments This Fall
- Roster, Schedule Changes Leading Tony Bozzella to Heightened Expectations for...
- Seton Hall Alum Grilli Traded to the Angels
RECENT THE SETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age