Lawrence, Jackson dismissed from team
Seton Hall men's basketball team shaken up just hours before rematch with Rutgers
Keon Lawrence, although suspended, was present at the Pirates' home opener November 13, 2009 against St. Peter's. Milan Stanic, The Setonian
Jamel Jackson shoots another three, one of his record breaking twelve against VMI. Milan Stanic, The Setonian
Senior guard Keon Lawrence shoots on Longwood University. Milan Stanic, The Setonian
Senior guard Jackson against Longwood. Milan Stanic, The Setonian
Senior guards Keon Lawrence and Jamel Jackson have been dismissed from the men's basketball team, effective immediately.
The decision was announced by head coach Kevin Willard on Saturday afternoon, hours before the Pirates will meet Rutgers for the second time this year.
According to the announcement, the dismissal of the two players comes after "a violation of team rules and an ongoing pattern of conduct unbecoming of a representative of Seton Hall athletics."
Lawrence seemed to be in a turnaround season after a rough start to his Pirate career. After transferring to the Hall from Missouri, he made headlines last fall after an incident where he was in a motor vehicle accident while driving the wrong way on the Garden State Parkway.
Jackson, meanwhile, failed to live up to many expectations, especially this fall with the loss of guard Jeremy Hazell due to injury.
Jackson's legacy at the Hall will likely be his record-setting three-point showing at home against VMI last season.
Lawrence played in all 24 of Seton Hall's games this year, averaging 4.5 points per game and 2.9 assists per game. Jackson played in 19 of the 24 contests and averaged 4.6 points per game.
Brian Wisowaty can be reached at email@example.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More thesetonian News Articles
Recent thesetonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THESETONIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THESETONIAN NEWS
- Oh my Gibbs! Pirates win Paradise Jam
- MBB: Pirates beat Gardner-Webb, advance to Paradise Jam finals
- WBB bests Penn State behind Didi Simmons
- Strong start to second half helps Seton Hall MBB hold off Nevada in Paradise Jam
- Nobel laureate praises and criticizes U.S. ebola aid
- 7 things we are thankful for
- Alpha Chi Rho officially recognized
RECENT THESETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Avoiding Body Drought: Tips to Prevent Dehydration
- Lighting for Aging Eyes -- Don't Get Left in the Dark
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge