Lawrence, Jackson dismissed from team
Seton Hall men's basketball team shaken up just hours before rematch with Rutgers
Keon Lawrence, although suspended, was present at the Pirates' home opener November 13, 2009 against St. Peter's. Milan Stanic, The Setonian
Jamel Jackson shoots another three, one of his record breaking twelve against VMI. Milan Stanic, The Setonian
Senior guard Keon Lawrence shoots on Longwood University. Milan Stanic, The Setonian
Senior guard Jackson against Longwood. Milan Stanic, The Setonian
Senior guards Keon Lawrence and Jamel Jackson have been dismissed from the men's basketball team, effective immediately.
The decision was announced by head coach Kevin Willard on Saturday afternoon, hours before the Pirates will meet Rutgers for the second time this year.
According to the announcement, the dismissal of the two players comes after "a violation of team rules and an ongoing pattern of conduct unbecoming of a representative of Seton Hall athletics."
Lawrence seemed to be in a turnaround season after a rough start to his Pirate career. After transferring to the Hall from Missouri, he made headlines last fall after an incident where he was in a motor vehicle accident while driving the wrong way on the Garden State Parkway.
Jackson, meanwhile, failed to live up to many expectations, especially this fall with the loss of guard Jeremy Hazell due to injury.
Jackson's legacy at the Hall will likely be his record-setting three-point showing at home against VMI last season.
Lawrence played in all 24 of Seton Hall's games this year, averaging 4.5 points per game and 2.9 assists per game. Jackson played in 19 of the 24 contests and averaged 4.6 points per game.
Brian Wisowaty can be reached at email@example.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Setonian News Articles
Recent The Setonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE SETONIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SETONIAN NEWS
- The Old and the New Lead Seton Hall in Monmouth XC Kick-Off Meet
- Men’s Soccer Does Not Disappoint with 2-0 Win in Home Opener
- Men’s Soccer Team Holds On To Tie in Their Season Opener
- Comeback Win Against FGC Leads Pirates to Take Two of Three at Hurricane...
- Seton Hall Women’s Soccer Struggles Offensively, Falls to Rutgers
- Orner Chasing New Goal in Final Season
- Experienced Group Looks to Take Seton Hall Volleyball to Next Level this Fall
RECENT THE SETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care