Lawrence, Jackson dismissed from team
Seton Hall men's basketball team shaken up just hours before rematch with Rutgers
Keon Lawrence, although suspended, was present at the Pirates' home opener November 13, 2009 against St. Peter's. Milan Stanic, The Setonian
Jamel Jackson shoots another three, one of his record breaking twelve against VMI. Milan Stanic, The Setonian
Senior guard Keon Lawrence shoots on Longwood University. Milan Stanic, The Setonian
Senior guard Jackson against Longwood. Milan Stanic, The Setonian
Senior guards Keon Lawrence and Jamel Jackson have been dismissed from the men's basketball team, effective immediately.
The decision was announced by head coach Kevin Willard on Saturday afternoon, hours before the Pirates will meet Rutgers for the second time this year.
According to the announcement, the dismissal of the two players comes after "a violation of team rules and an ongoing pattern of conduct unbecoming of a representative of Seton Hall athletics."
Lawrence seemed to be in a turnaround season after a rough start to his Pirate career. After transferring to the Hall from Missouri, he made headlines last fall after an incident where he was in a motor vehicle accident while driving the wrong way on the Garden State Parkway.
Jackson, meanwhile, failed to live up to many expectations, especially this fall with the loss of guard Jeremy Hazell due to injury.
Jackson's legacy at the Hall will likely be his record-setting three-point showing at home against VMI last season.
Lawrence played in all 24 of Seton Hall's games this year, averaging 4.5 points per game and 2.9 assists per game. Jackson played in 19 of the 24 contests and averaged 4.6 points per game.
Brian Wisowaty can be reached at email@example.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More thesetonian News Articles
Recent thesetonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THESETONIAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THESETONIAN NEWS
RECENT THESETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- LED Technology Helping People See The World in a Whole...
- Ice Dams Put Homes at Risk for Termites
- 5 Tips to Having a Happy, Healthy Heart
- What Does Million in IRS Budget Cuts Mean for Taxpayers?
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor