Post Classifieds

Truck stuffed by students after Sandy

By Tiffany Do
On January 24, 2013

• Business leadership and development students volunteer to load the truck at stuff the truck event. Photo courtesy of Milan Stanic

Nearly a ton of non-perishable foods was donated by Pirates at the "Stuff the Truck" event on Jan. 14.

With the donations going to those who were affected by Hurricane Sandy, Seton Hall students contributed 1,966 pounds of food and $450 in cash, checks and Pirates Gold, according to Adam Warner, the director of the Market Research Center at the Stillman School of Business.

The donations went through the Community FoodBank of New Jersey.

"We had a tremendous response from the entire Seton Hall University community," Warner said. "Donations came from across campus, and folks seemed like they were happy to help. The Community FoodBank of New Jersey was also very appreciative of the partnership with SHU, and these donations will go a long ways toward helping folks who were hit hard by Hurricane Sandy."

Several business leadership development students not only took the time to help load the truck with donations, but organized the event over winter break, according to shu.edu.

The FoodBank suffered major damages and lost more than 100,000 pounds of food due to the storm. Students went there to see how much food was needed to restore the FoodBank.

"The leadership development students should be commended for their outstanding volunteer efforts," Warner said. "They really helped make it happen."

In early December, students were given grocery bags donated by ShopRite as reminders to bring donations for the "Stuff the Truck" event.

Students were able to donate bags of nonperishable foods or give money donations via cash, check or Pirates Gold via a swipe machine. Donations were also made through text message at 80888.

"The giving spirit of Seton Hall was certainly out in full force at the 'Stuff the Truck' event," Warner said.

Tiffany Do can be reached at tiffany.do@student.shu.edu.

Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly

From Around the Web

More thesetonian News Articles

Recent thesetonian News Articles

Discuss This Article

GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER

TODAY'S PRINT EDITION

http://issuu.com/thesetonian/docs/issue_11-11_13_2014/0

or Create an account

Employers & Housing Providers

Employers can list job opportunities for students

Post a Job

Housing Providers can list available housing

Post Housing

Forgot your password?

Your new password has been sent to your email!

Logout Successful!

You just missed it! This listing has been filled.

Post your own housing listing on Uloop and have students reach out to you!

Upload An Image

Please select an image to upload
Note: must be in .png, .gif or .jpg format
OR
Provide URL where image can be downloaded