Post Classifieds

Grammy's celebrate Indie artists like Mumford and Sons and Black Keys

By Alexandra D'Aluisio
On February 13, 2013

• Diane Von Furstenberg

The 55th Annual Grammy Awards kicked off on Sun­day night with an "Alice In Wonderland"-inspired perfor­mance of "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" by Taylor Swift. Not only did Swift's per­formance start music's biggest night, but "Safe and Sound," her collaboration with the Civil Wars for "The Hunger Games," took home the award for Best Song Written for Visual Media

In addition to Swift, the show celebrated talented artists in true Grammy fashion - incredible du­ets and collaborations performed live on stage. Nominee Ed Sheer­an sang his multi-platinum selling single, "The A Team," with legend Elton John early in the show. Ri­hanna, Sting, Bruno Mars, Ziggy and Damian Marley teamed up to pay tribute to the late Bob Marley. Alicia Keys and Maroon 5 mixed their respective singles "Girl on Fire" and "Daylight." Other per­formers included Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Frank Ocean, host LL Cool J and Justin Timber­lake in his debut return to music.

Mumford & Sons took home the coveted Album of the Year award, Fun. nabbed Song of the Year and Best New Artist, Goyte was pre­sented with the award for Record of the Year for "Somebody That I Used to Know" and the Black Keys' "El Camino" was named Best Rock Album. Kelly Clark­son's speech after winning Best Pop Vocal Album for "Stronger" was endearing, quirky and ad­mittedly a little awkward. Jay-Z, Kanye West, Frank Ocean, The-Dream, Zac Brown Band, Miguel, Carrie Underwood and Adele also walked away with Grammys.

Many were talking about the dress code memo that CBS sent out to attendees in the week prior to the show, restricting what wom­en could and could not wear. But as expected, stars did not seem to take the restrictions too seriously. Katy Perry, Kelly Rowland and Jennifer Lopez were just a few of the women that pushed the skin-bearing limits. Thankfully, no one had any embarrassing wardrobe malfunctions and the show carried on smoothly.

Alexandra D'Aluisio can be reached at alexandra.daluisio@student.shu.edu.

Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly

From Around the Web

More The Setonian News Articles

Recent The Setonian News Articles

Discuss This Article

GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER

or Create an account

Employers & Housing Providers

Employers can list job opportunities for students

Post a Job

Housing Providers can list available housing

Post Housing

Forgot your password?

Your new password has been sent to your email!

Logout Successful!

You just missed it! This listing has been filled.

Post your own housing listing on Uloop and have students reach out to you!

Upload An Image

Please select an image to upload
Note: must be in .png, .gif or .jpg format
OR
Provide URL where image can be downloaded