Grammy's celebrate Indie artists like Mumford and Sons and Black Keys
Diane Von Furstenberg
The 55th Annual Grammy Awards kicked off on Sunday night with an "Alice In Wonderland"-inspired performance of "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" by Taylor Swift. Not only did Swift's performance start music's biggest night, but "Safe and Sound," her collaboration with the Civil Wars for "The Hunger Games," took home the award for Best Song Written for Visual Media
In addition to Swift, the show celebrated talented artists in true Grammy fashion - incredible duets and collaborations performed live on stage. Nominee Ed Sheeran sang his multi-platinum selling single, "The A Team," with legend Elton John early in the show. Rihanna, Sting, Bruno Mars, Ziggy and Damian Marley teamed up to pay tribute to the late Bob Marley. Alicia Keys and Maroon 5 mixed their respective singles "Girl on Fire" and "Daylight." Other performers included Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Frank Ocean, host LL Cool J and Justin Timberlake in his debut return to music.
Mumford & Sons took home the coveted Album of the Year award, Fun. nabbed Song of the Year and Best New Artist, Goyte was presented with the award for Record of the Year for "Somebody That I Used to Know" and the Black Keys' "El Camino" was named Best Rock Album. Kelly Clarkson's speech after winning Best Pop Vocal Album for "Stronger" was endearing, quirky and admittedly a little awkward. Jay-Z, Kanye West, Frank Ocean, The-Dream, Zac Brown Band, Miguel, Carrie Underwood and Adele also walked away with Grammys.
Many were talking about the dress code memo that CBS sent out to attendees in the week prior to the show, restricting what women could and could not wear. But as expected, stars did not seem to take the restrictions too seriously. Katy Perry, Kelly Rowland and Jennifer Lopez were just a few of the women that pushed the skin-bearing limits. Thankfully, no one had any embarrassing wardrobe malfunctions and the show carried on smoothly.
Alexandra D'Aluisio can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More thesetonian News Articles
Recent thesetonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THESETONIAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THESETONIAN NEWS
- Tennis kicks off their year with strong NJIT showing
- Men victorious over Marist while women fall short at Senior Day
- Pirates Earn Sixth Straight Win against Villanova
- Pirates bested by DePaul as the men drop second straight
- Save with these book buying alternatives
- Pirate LIfe Lessons
- Eat less or eat better?
RECENT THESETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
- With Help From Chile, Blueberries Stay Fresh All Winter
- Small Fixtures Make a Big Design Impact
- Keeping the Workplace in Proper Alignment
- 5 Seasonal Invaders and How to Keep Them Out in the Cold
- Not Just a Man's World, Female Entrepreneurs Are Making...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- ASCO Numatics Announces 2015 Industrial Automation Engineering Scholarships
- Coffee Club Goes Viral With Members Earning Free Starbucks Cards
- UniversitySpot.com Introduces Extensive, Curated List of Free Online Courses for Winter 2015
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World