One Direction stays on grid with newest album
Following in the footsteps of New Kids on the Block, Backstreet Boys and *NSYNC, the members of the British-Irish boy band One Direction do their part in fulfilling the generational need for a group that girls can scream about. They put themselves on the grid and on the minds of those girls with their first single "What Makes You Beautiful." Their newest album, "Take Me Home," which was released on Tuesday, keeps their pop image alive.
The album's first track "Live While We're Young" sets the pace for the upbeat, pop-inspired album. The album is, appropriately, listed on iTunes under the "Teen Pop" genre. With the similar girl-centered songs that follow on this album, teenage girls are sure to enjoy the danceable music the band continues to produce.
While older, or less interested listeners may be easily deterred by the band's typical pop sound, they definitely hit their target audience. In an effort to attract more diverse listeners and still connect with their current fans, they infuse a few slow songs into "Take Me Home." The tracks "Little Things," "Change My Mind" and "Over You" show off the band's softer side. While this side isn't much of a stretch from the pop content that they're known for, it is clear that they're attempting to shake up their image.
Nonetheless, the overly energetic music on this album isn't exactly quality, but it's still keeping the band alive on the radio. While "Take Me Home" isn't likely to gain the band many more fans looking to enhance their musical horizons, it will definitely keep their current fans interested and highly entertained.
There is no question that the Beatles-like phenomenon that One Direction has currently acquired will be around for a while. "Take Me Home" is quintessential pop music that some can't help but to sing along to, no matter how embarrassing that may be.
The Setonian gives this album 5 out of 5 stars.
Samantha Giedris can be reached at Samantha.email@example.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More thesetonian News Articles
Recent thesetonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THESETONIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THESETONIAN NEWS
RECENT THESETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!