One Direction stays on grid with newest album
Following in the footsteps of New Kids on the Block, Backstreet Boys and *NSYNC, the members of the British-Irish boy band One Direction do their part in fulfilling the generational need for a group that girls can scream about. They put themselves on the grid and on the minds of those girls with their first single "What Makes You Beautiful." Their newest album, "Take Me Home," which was released on Tuesday, keeps their pop image alive.
The album's first track "Live While We're Young" sets the pace for the upbeat, pop-inspired album. The album is, appropriately, listed on iTunes under the "Teen Pop" genre. With the similar girl-centered songs that follow on this album, teenage girls are sure to enjoy the danceable music the band continues to produce.
While older, or less interested listeners may be easily deterred by the band's typical pop sound, they definitely hit their target audience. In an effort to attract more diverse listeners and still connect with their current fans, they infuse a few slow songs into "Take Me Home." The tracks "Little Things," "Change My Mind" and "Over You" show off the band's softer side. While this side isn't much of a stretch from the pop content that they're known for, it is clear that they're attempting to shake up their image.
Nonetheless, the overly energetic music on this album isn't exactly quality, but it's still keeping the band alive on the radio. While "Take Me Home" isn't likely to gain the band many more fans looking to enhance their musical horizons, it will definitely keep their current fans interested and highly entertained.
There is no question that the Beatles-like phenomenon that One Direction has currently acquired will be around for a while. "Take Me Home" is quintessential pop music that some can't help but to sing along to, no matter how embarrassing that may be.
The Setonian gives this album 5 out of 5 stars.
Samantha Giedris can be reached at Samantha.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More thesetonian News Articles
Recent thesetonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THESETONIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THESETONIAN NEWS
- Oh my Gibbs! Pirates win Paradise Jam
- MBB: Pirates beat Gardner-Webb, advance to Paradise Jam finals
- WBB bests Penn State behind Didi Simmons
- Strong start to second half helps Seton Hall MBB hold off Nevada in Paradise Jam
- Nobel laureate praises and criticizes U.S. ebola aid
- 7 things we are thankful for
- Alpha Chi Rho officially recognized
RECENT THESETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Avoiding Body Drought: Tips to Prevent Dehydration
- Lighting for Aging Eyes -- Don't Get Left in the Dark
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge