One Direction stays on grid with newest album
Following in the footsteps of New Kids on the Block, Backstreet Boys and *NSYNC, the members of the British-Irish boy band One Direction do their part in fulfilling the generational need for a group that girls can scream about. They put themselves on the grid and on the minds of those girls with their first single "What Makes You Beautiful." Their newest album, "Take Me Home," which was released on Tuesday, keeps their pop image alive.
The album's first track "Live While We're Young" sets the pace for the upbeat, pop-inspired album. The album is, appropriately, listed on iTunes under the "Teen Pop" genre. With the similar girl-centered songs that follow on this album, teenage girls are sure to enjoy the danceable music the band continues to produce.
While older, or less interested listeners may be easily deterred by the band's typical pop sound, they definitely hit their target audience. In an effort to attract more diverse listeners and still connect with their current fans, they infuse a few slow songs into "Take Me Home." The tracks "Little Things," "Change My Mind" and "Over You" show off the band's softer side. While this side isn't much of a stretch from the pop content that they're known for, it is clear that they're attempting to shake up their image.
Nonetheless, the overly energetic music on this album isn't exactly quality, but it's still keeping the band alive on the radio. While "Take Me Home" isn't likely to gain the band many more fans looking to enhance their musical horizons, it will definitely keep their current fans interested and highly entertained.
There is no question that the Beatles-like phenomenon that One Direction has currently acquired will be around for a while. "Take Me Home" is quintessential pop music that some can't help but to sing along to, no matter how embarrassing that may be.
The Setonian gives this album 5 out of 5 stars.
Samantha Giedris can be reached at Samantha.email@example.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More thesetonian News Articles
Recent thesetonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THESETONIAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THESETONIAN NEWS
- Seton Hall softball splits doubleheader with Providence
- Baseball wins 8th straight
- McCarthy wins again as baseball ousts Xavier
- Tennis wins all nine matches vs. Monmouth
- Weigel, Prendergast lead SHU baseball to victory
- Ka-Deidre Simmons named Honorable Mention All-American
- Seton Hall tennis fights back, gets vital win over Providence
RECENT THESETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
- 4 Basic Exercises to Help Older Adults Improve Strength...
- New Drug May Help Control the Spread of Cancer
- Uber to Passengers: Our Drivers May Be Unsafe
- Thermal Imaging Camera Helps Find Hidden Damage in Your Home
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!
- FARE's College Food Allergy Program Pilots in a Dozen Schools Nationwide
- HOTSHOT® HOT Canned Coffee gets a Jolt from Kickstarter
- From dating to internships - it's everything you need to know about college: The Her Campus Guide to College Life, Out Now