One Direction stays on grid with newest album
Following in the footsteps of New Kids on the Block, Backstreet Boys and *NSYNC, the members of the British-Irish boy band One Direction do their part in fulfilling the generational need for a group that girls can scream about. They put themselves on the grid and on the minds of those girls with their first single "What Makes You Beautiful." Their newest album, "Take Me Home," which was released on Tuesday, keeps their pop image alive.
The album's first track "Live While We're Young" sets the pace for the upbeat, pop-inspired album. The album is, appropriately, listed on iTunes under the "Teen Pop" genre. With the similar girl-centered songs that follow on this album, teenage girls are sure to enjoy the danceable music the band continues to produce.
While older, or less interested listeners may be easily deterred by the band's typical pop sound, they definitely hit their target audience. In an effort to attract more diverse listeners and still connect with their current fans, they infuse a few slow songs into "Take Me Home." The tracks "Little Things," "Change My Mind" and "Over You" show off the band's softer side. While this side isn't much of a stretch from the pop content that they're known for, it is clear that they're attempting to shake up their image.
Nonetheless, the overly energetic music on this album isn't exactly quality, but it's still keeping the band alive on the radio. While "Take Me Home" isn't likely to gain the band many more fans looking to enhance their musical horizons, it will definitely keep their current fans interested and highly entertained.
There is no question that the Beatles-like phenomenon that One Direction has currently acquired will be around for a while. "Take Me Home" is quintessential pop music that some can't help but to sing along to, no matter how embarrassing that may be.
The Setonian gives this album 5 out of 5 stars.
Samantha Giedris can be reached at Samantha.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More thesetonian News Articles
Recent thesetonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THESETONIAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THESETONIAN NEWS
- Reality Check:
- Men aim to make statement on the road against Georgia
- Simmons squared: Women win 10th straight behind Daisha and Didi
- MBB dominates USF for first true road win
- Streaking women's earns their ninth win in a row
- MBB: Mobley, Pirates handle the Peacocks
- Pirates fail to shock Wichita State, handed first loss
RECENT THESETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists