Ke$ha's new single might not save her from becoming one-hit wonder
KeSha's recent hit, "Die Young," has caught the attention of many pop fans, but with her recent musical hiatus and her lack of originality, Ke$ha's comeback is highly unlikely.
"Die Young" is resonating in those who like dance music. The catchy melody and pop beats are making this song a relatively big success.
"'Die Young' is awesome!" freshman Alvin Ogalla said. "I love dance music so I love 'Die Young' without a doubt." The question becomes "Will Ke$ha make a comeback? Or is she simply a one-hit wonder?"
"I am in love with her new song; it always puts me in a good mood," sophomore Brenna Fleis said. "I listen to it on repeat. But I've honestly never really enjoyed Ke$ha's music; I'd never buy her albums. I think she's a one-hit wonder kind of gal."
While her recent song is a hit, the possibility of her making a comeback isn't that great. The auto-tune infused hits Ke$ha is known for aren't particularly original, but they serve as good dance music. So what about her? Is her personality hindering a comeback?
"I liked some of her songs for the beat, but as a person she seems like kind of a mess," freshman Leigh Ann Fedkenheuer said. "Not the best role model. But to be honest, I love 'Die Young.' It's a lot of fun to sing to."
"Die Young" is an absolutely catchy, dance-friendly hit. However, expecting more from Ke$ha may disappoint. It isn't likely that Ke$ha will have more success in the near future, so she may really live up to the label of "one-hit wonder."
Samantha Giedris can be reached at Samantha.email@example.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Setonian News Articles
Recent The Setonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE SETONIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SETONIAN NEWS
- Men’s Soccer Does Not Disappoint with 2-0 Win in Home Opener
- Men’s Soccer Team Holds On To Tie in Their Season Opener
- Comeback Win Against FGC Leads Pirates to Take Two of Three at Hurricane...
- Seton Hall Women’s Soccer Struggles Offensively, Falls to Rutgers
- Orner Chasing New Goal in Final Season
- Experienced Group Looks to Take Seton Hall Volleyball to Next Level this Fall
- Move-In Day: There’s an App for That
RECENT THE SETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care