Ke$ha's new single might not save her from becoming one-hit wonder
KeSha's recent hit, "Die Young," has caught the attention of many pop fans, but with her recent musical hiatus and her lack of originality, Ke$ha's comeback is highly unlikely.
"Die Young" is resonating in those who like dance music. The catchy melody and pop beats are making this song a relatively big success.
"'Die Young' is awesome!" freshman Alvin Ogalla said. "I love dance music so I love 'Die Young' without a doubt." The question becomes "Will Ke$ha make a comeback? Or is she simply a one-hit wonder?"
"I am in love with her new song; it always puts me in a good mood," sophomore Brenna Fleis said. "I listen to it on repeat. But I've honestly never really enjoyed Ke$ha's music; I'd never buy her albums. I think she's a one-hit wonder kind of gal."
While her recent song is a hit, the possibility of her making a comeback isn't that great. The auto-tune infused hits Ke$ha is known for aren't particularly original, but they serve as good dance music. So what about her? Is her personality hindering a comeback?
"I liked some of her songs for the beat, but as a person she seems like kind of a mess," freshman Leigh Ann Fedkenheuer said. "Not the best role model. But to be honest, I love 'Die Young.' It's a lot of fun to sing to."
"Die Young" is an absolutely catchy, dance-friendly hit. However, expecting more from Ke$ha may disappoint. It isn't likely that Ke$ha will have more success in the near future, so she may really live up to the label of "one-hit wonder."
Samantha Giedris can be reached at Samantha.email@example.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More thesetonian News Articles
Recent thesetonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THESETONIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THESETONIAN NEWS
- MBB: Pirates beat Gardner-Webb, advance to Paradise Jam finals
- WBB bests Penn State behind Didi Simmons
- Strong start to second half helps Seton Hall MBB hold off Nevada in Paradise Jam
- Nobel laureate praises and criticizes U.S. ebola aid
- 7 things we are thankful for
- Alpha Chi Rho officially recognized
- Millennials not cheap, just unemployed
RECENT THESETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
- What It Takes to Get One of the Most In-Demand Jobs
- Where Do Pests Lurk? The Rooms in Your Home That Pests...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge