Ke$ha's new single might not save her from becoming one-hit wonder
KeSha's recent hit, "Die Young," has caught the attention of many pop fans, but with her recent musical hiatus and her lack of originality, Ke$ha's comeback is highly unlikely.
"Die Young" is resonating in those who like dance music. The catchy melody and pop beats are making this song a relatively big success.
"'Die Young' is awesome!" freshman Alvin Ogalla said. "I love dance music so I love 'Die Young' without a doubt." The question becomes "Will Ke$ha make a comeback? Or is she simply a one-hit wonder?"
"I am in love with her new song; it always puts me in a good mood," sophomore Brenna Fleis said. "I listen to it on repeat. But I've honestly never really enjoyed Ke$ha's music; I'd never buy her albums. I think she's a one-hit wonder kind of gal."
While her recent song is a hit, the possibility of her making a comeback isn't that great. The auto-tune infused hits Ke$ha is known for aren't particularly original, but they serve as good dance music. So what about her? Is her personality hindering a comeback?
"I liked some of her songs for the beat, but as a person she seems like kind of a mess," freshman Leigh Ann Fedkenheuer said. "Not the best role model. But to be honest, I love 'Die Young.' It's a lot of fun to sing to."
"Die Young" is an absolutely catchy, dance-friendly hit. However, expecting more from Ke$ha may disappoint. It isn't likely that Ke$ha will have more success in the near future, so she may really live up to the label of "one-hit wonder."
Samantha Giedris can be reached at Samantha.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More thesetonian News Articles
Recent thesetonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THESETONIAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THESETONIAN NEWS
- Simmons squared: Women win 10th straight behind Daisha and Didi
- MBB dominates USF for first true road win
- Streaking women's earns their ninth win in a row
- MBB: Mobley, Pirates handle the Peacocks
- Pirates fail to shock Wichita State, handed first loss
- Seton Hall women’s team wins crucial non-conference game
- Best Albums of 2014
RECENT THESETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists