Pirates lose close matchup with Cincinnati
Men's basketball drops to 7-9 in Big East play
The Seton Hall men's basketball team found itself down early and could never recover on Saturday evening, falling to the Cincinnati Bearcats, 62-57.
Senior Jordan Theodore finished with 15 points, seven rebounds, and five assists for the Hall, but shot just 6-of-22 from the field and missed all four of his shots from beyond the arc.
The Pirates (18-9, 7-8) also received 15 points and three rebounds from sophomore Fuquan Edwin, while senior Herb Pope recorded his 15th double-double of the season, with 10 points and 13 rebounds.
Cincinnati (19-8, 9-5) was able to take an early lead thanks to the hot shooting of senior Dion Dixon who shot 5-of-14 from the field and finished with a game-high 20 points, six rebounds, and five assists.
Junior Cashmere Wright added 13 points for the Bearcats while junior Jaquon Parker came off the bench with 12 points and six rebounds.
The win snaps a three-game winning streak for Seton Hall and gives the Pirates their fifth straight road loss in Big East play.
Cincinnati is now 4-1 in their last five games
The Pirates return to action on Tuesday night when they host the No. 9 Georgetown Hoyas, a matchup that could determine whether or not the Pirates make the NCAA Tournament. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Setonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE SETONIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SETONIAN NEWS
- Auda Moving on From Seton Hall to Play for Polish Team, Edwin to Play in Italy
- Seton Hall Volleyball Releases Home Heavy 2014-Schedule
- Breaking Down the Decision: Lebron’s Return to a City in Need
- LeBron's Maturity Could Be Key Piece to Return to Cleveland
- Seton Hall Men’s Golf to Play in Six Tournaments This Fall
- Roster, Schedule Changes Leading Tony Bozzella to Heightened Expectations for...
- Seton Hall Alum Grilli Traded to the Angels
RECENT THE SETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest