Pirates lose close matchup with Cincinnati
Men's basketball drops to 7-9 in Big East play
The Seton Hall men's basketball team found itself down early and could never recover on Saturday evening, falling to the Cincinnati Bearcats, 62-57.
Senior Jordan Theodore finished with 15 points, seven rebounds, and five assists for the Hall, but shot just 6-of-22 from the field and missed all four of his shots from beyond the arc.
The Pirates (18-9, 7-8) also received 15 points and three rebounds from sophomore Fuquan Edwin, while senior Herb Pope recorded his 15th double-double of the season, with 10 points and 13 rebounds.
Cincinnati (19-8, 9-5) was able to take an early lead thanks to the hot shooting of senior Dion Dixon who shot 5-of-14 from the field and finished with a game-high 20 points, six rebounds, and five assists.
Junior Cashmere Wright added 13 points for the Bearcats while junior Jaquon Parker came off the bench with 12 points and six rebounds.
The win snaps a three-game winning streak for Seton Hall and gives the Pirates their fifth straight road loss in Big East play.
Cincinnati is now 4-1 in their last five games
The Pirates return to action on Tuesday night when they host the No. 9 Georgetown Hoyas, a matchup that could determine whether or not the Pirates make the NCAA Tournament. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent thesetonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THESETONIAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THESETONIAN NEWS
- Reality Check:
- Men aim to make statement on the road against Georgia
- Simmons squared: Women win 10th straight behind Daisha and Didi
- MBB dominates USF for first true road win
- Streaking women's earns their ninth win in a row
- MBB: Mobley, Pirates handle the Peacocks
- Pirates fail to shock Wichita State, handed first loss
RECENT THESETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists