Post Classifieds

Stillman school of business to open market research center

By Charlotte Lewis
On April 25, 2011

• The Stillman Market Research Center includes an one-way mirror observational room for educational purposes. www.shu.edu

The Stillman School of Business will be hosting the grand opening of its Market Research Center, which has been in use for most of the school year, this Tuesday at 8:30 p.m.

Located on the sixth floor of Jubilee Hall, the MRC serves as a place for students to gain hands-on experience with both qualitative and quantitative market research for both local businesses and classroom projects, according to Adam Warner, director of the MRC and marketing professor.

"I think what we have done thus far has been a win-win for the students and the business school," said Warner. "Communication for partnerships for students is great to get hands-on work, and for the business school it is a great way to do research we probably would not have done."

Warner also said the center is a unique resource for a college campus, one of only a handful in the New York metropolitan area. The center is hoping to expand research efforts beyond the South Orange area.

The center's official opening is on Tuesday due to the availability of keynote speaker Jim Chambers of Kraft Foods, according to Warner and the press release.

Last semester, both students and faculty used the center with local businesses such as the UPS store, Stony's, Munchie's, University Sub Shop, Town Hall Deli and Beaded Path, also according to Warner.

This semester the students have used class time and class projects to do research for Gourmet Dining Services, Greek Life, the Teaching Learning and Technology Center, Walsh Library and the University's bookstore.

Partnerships, which normally last a full semester, to research for local businesses allow students to address real world issues and make the environment more conducive to students.

According to the press release, local establishments have seen great increases in business since working with the MRC.

The center is open to any students. In particular marketing students will use it in a new Qualitative Marketing Research course to be offered next semester.

According to the press release, "the MRC includes an interview room complete with camera and microphones, an observation room with a one way mirror overlooking the interview room and easy internet access."

The MRC has a Facebook page, which can be found by searching "Market Research Center," as well as its own live website. Warner said both the Facebook and website are still being improved.

Charlotte Lewis can be reached at charlotte.lewis@student.shu.edu.

Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly

From Around the Web

More thesetonian News Articles

Recent thesetonian News Articles

Discuss This Article

MOST POPULAR THESETONIAN

GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY

Men's Basketball: Who has been the most impressive player for Seton Hall so far?

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER

TODAY'S PRINT EDITION

http://issuu.com/thesetonian/docs/issue_11-11_13_2014/0

or Create an account

Employers & Housing Providers

Employers can list job opportunities for students

Post a Job

Housing Providers can list available housing

Post Housing

Forgot your password?

Your new password has been sent to your email!

Logout Successful!

You just missed it! This listing has been filled.

Post your own housing listing on Uloop and have students reach out to you!

Upload An Image

Please select an image to upload
Note: must be in .png, .gif or .jpg format
OR
Provide URL where image can be downloaded