Stillman school of business to open market research center
The Stillman Market Research Center includes an one-way mirror observational room for educational purposes. www.shu.edu
The Stillman School of Business will be hosting the grand opening of its Market Research Center, which has been in use for most of the school year, this Tuesday at 8:30 p.m.
Located on the sixth floor of Jubilee Hall, the MRC serves as a place for students to gain hands-on experience with both qualitative and quantitative market research for both local businesses and classroom projects, according to Adam Warner, director of the MRC and marketing professor.
"I think what we have done thus far has been a win-win for the students and the business school," said Warner. "Communication for partnerships for students is great to get hands-on work, and for the business school it is a great way to do research we probably would not have done."
Warner also said the center is a unique resource for a college campus, one of only a handful in the New York metropolitan area. The center is hoping to expand research efforts beyond the South Orange area.
The center's official opening is on Tuesday due to the availability of keynote speaker Jim Chambers of Kraft Foods, according to Warner and the press release.
Last semester, both students and faculty used the center with local businesses such as the UPS store, Stony's, Munchie's, University Sub Shop, Town Hall Deli and Beaded Path, also according to Warner.
This semester the students have used class time and class projects to do research for Gourmet Dining Services, Greek Life, the Teaching Learning and Technology Center, Walsh Library and the University's bookstore.
Partnerships, which normally last a full semester, to research for local businesses allow students to address real world issues and make the environment more conducive to students.
According to the press release, local establishments have seen great increases in business since working with the MRC.
The center is open to any students. In particular marketing students will use it in a new Qualitative Marketing Research course to be offered next semester.
According to the press release, "the MRC includes an interview room complete with camera and microphones, an observation room with a one way mirror overlooking the interview room and easy internet access."
The MRC has a Facebook page, which can be found by searching "Market Research Center," as well as its own live website. Warner said both the Facebook and website are still being improved.
Charlotte Lewis can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Setonian News Articles
Recent The Setonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE SETONIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SETONIAN NEWS
- Third straight clean sheet for Blackshear results in a Pirates draw
- Women’s soccer looks to notch first home win of the year
- Women's tennis impressive in debut at Quinnipiac Invitational
- Seton Hall men’s soccer suffers another disappointing loss
- Cross Country Continues to Excel in Delaware
- SHU Men’s Soccer Team Looking to Bounce Back against Princeton
- Pirates volleyball rebounds, sweeps Saint Francis on Day 2 of Mountaineer...
RECENT THE SETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership
- PAOLO NUTINI CELEBRATES U.S. RELEASE OF “CAUSTIC LOVE”