Stillman school of business to open market research center
The Stillman Market Research Center includes an one-way mirror observational room for educational purposes. www.shu.edu
The Stillman School of Business will be hosting the grand opening of its Market Research Center, which has been in use for most of the school year, this Tuesday at 8:30 p.m.
Located on the sixth floor of Jubilee Hall, the MRC serves as a place for students to gain hands-on experience with both qualitative and quantitative market research for both local businesses and classroom projects, according to Adam Warner, director of the MRC and marketing professor.
"I think what we have done thus far has been a win-win for the students and the business school," said Warner. "Communication for partnerships for students is great to get hands-on work, and for the business school it is a great way to do research we probably would not have done."
Warner also said the center is a unique resource for a college campus, one of only a handful in the New York metropolitan area. The center is hoping to expand research efforts beyond the South Orange area.
The center's official opening is on Tuesday due to the availability of keynote speaker Jim Chambers of Kraft Foods, according to Warner and the press release.
Last semester, both students and faculty used the center with local businesses such as the UPS store, Stony's, Munchie's, University Sub Shop, Town Hall Deli and Beaded Path, also according to Warner.
This semester the students have used class time and class projects to do research for Gourmet Dining Services, Greek Life, the Teaching Learning and Technology Center, Walsh Library and the University's bookstore.
Partnerships, which normally last a full semester, to research for local businesses allow students to address real world issues and make the environment more conducive to students.
According to the press release, local establishments have seen great increases in business since working with the MRC.
The center is open to any students. In particular marketing students will use it in a new Qualitative Marketing Research course to be offered next semester.
According to the press release, "the MRC includes an interview room complete with camera and microphones, an observation room with a one way mirror overlooking the interview room and easy internet access."
The MRC has a Facebook page, which can be found by searching "Market Research Center," as well as its own live website. Warner said both the Facebook and website are still being improved.
Charlotte Lewis can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More thesetonian News Articles
Recent thesetonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THESETONIAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THESETONIAN NEWS
- Seton Hall softball splits doubleheader with Providence
- Baseball wins 8th straight
- McCarthy wins again as baseball ousts Xavier
- Tennis wins all nine matches vs. Monmouth
- Weigel, Prendergast lead SHU baseball to victory
- Ka-Deidre Simmons named Honorable Mention All-American
- Seton Hall tennis fights back, gets vital win over Providence
RECENT THESETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
- 4 Basic Exercises to Help Older Adults Improve Strength...
- New Drug May Help Control the Spread of Cancer
- Uber to Passengers: Our Drivers May Be Unsafe
- Thermal Imaging Camera Helps Find Hidden Damage in Your Home
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!
- FARE's College Food Allergy Program Pilots in a Dozen Schools Nationwide
- HOTSHOT® HOT Canned Coffee gets a Jolt from Kickstarter
- From dating to internships - it's everything you need to know about college: The Her Campus Guide to College Life, Out Now