Stillman school of business to open market research center
The Stillman Market Research Center includes an one-way mirror observational room for educational purposes. www.shu.edu
The Stillman School of Business will be hosting the grand opening of its Market Research Center, which has been in use for most of the school year, this Tuesday at 8:30 p.m.
Located on the sixth floor of Jubilee Hall, the MRC serves as a place for students to gain hands-on experience with both qualitative and quantitative market research for both local businesses and classroom projects, according to Adam Warner, director of the MRC and marketing professor.
"I think what we have done thus far has been a win-win for the students and the business school," said Warner. "Communication for partnerships for students is great to get hands-on work, and for the business school it is a great way to do research we probably would not have done."
Warner also said the center is a unique resource for a college campus, one of only a handful in the New York metropolitan area. The center is hoping to expand research efforts beyond the South Orange area.
The center's official opening is on Tuesday due to the availability of keynote speaker Jim Chambers of Kraft Foods, according to Warner and the press release.
Last semester, both students and faculty used the center with local businesses such as the UPS store, Stony's, Munchie's, University Sub Shop, Town Hall Deli and Beaded Path, also according to Warner.
This semester the students have used class time and class projects to do research for Gourmet Dining Services, Greek Life, the Teaching Learning and Technology Center, Walsh Library and the University's bookstore.
Partnerships, which normally last a full semester, to research for local businesses allow students to address real world issues and make the environment more conducive to students.
According to the press release, local establishments have seen great increases in business since working with the MRC.
The center is open to any students. In particular marketing students will use it in a new Qualitative Marketing Research course to be offered next semester.
According to the press release, "the MRC includes an interview room complete with camera and microphones, an observation room with a one way mirror overlooking the interview room and easy internet access."
The MRC has a Facebook page, which can be found by searching "Market Research Center," as well as its own live website. Warner said both the Facebook and website are still being improved.
Charlotte Lewis can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More thesetonian News Articles
Recent thesetonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THESETONIAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THESETONIAN NEWS
- Men aim to make statement on the road against Georgia
- Simmons squared: Women win 10th straight behind Daisha and Didi
- MBB dominates USF for first true road win
- Streaking women's earns their ninth win in a row
- MBB: Mobley, Pirates handle the Peacocks
- Pirates fail to shock Wichita State, handed first loss
- Seton Hall women’s team wins crucial non-conference game
RECENT THESETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists