Seton Hall's head women's volleyball coach resigns
Kris Zeiter has been with the school for 6 years
The Seton Hall head women's volleyball coach has resigned from his position at the University, according to Assistant Director of Athletics/Communications Matt Sweeney.
Kris Zeiter, who has spent the last six years at the Hall, is leaving to spend more time with his family.
"This is a difficult decision to make, but it's what's best for me and my family at this time," Zeiter said in a University press release. "I will look back fondly on the years I've spent at Seton Hall and all that we were able to accomplish."
Zeiter has been one of the most successful volleyball coaches in Seton Hall's history. Over the last three seasons, he has led the Pirates to two consecutive Big East Tournament appearances, though the team was eliminated in the first round both years.
This past season, Zeiter led the Hall to a school record eight conference wins.
"Kris has brought the Seton Hall women's volleyball program to a new level of excellence," Director of Athletics Patrick Lyons said in a press release. "I thank him for his contributions and hard work and wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors."
There is no information on who the next head coach will be.
Check TheSetonian.com and this Thursday's release of The Setonian for updated information on this developing story.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Setonian News Articles
Recent The Setonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE SETONIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SETONIAN NEWS
- Auda Moving on From Seton Hall to Play for Polish Team, Edwin to Play in Italy
- Seton Hall Volleyball Releases Home Heavy 2014-Schedule
- Breaking Down the Decision: Lebron’s Return to a City in Need
- LeBron's Maturity Could Be Key Piece to Return to Cleveland
- Seton Hall Men’s Golf to Play in Six Tournaments This Fall
- Roster, Schedule Changes Leading Tony Bozzella to Heightened Expectations for...
- Seton Hall Alum Grilli Traded to the Angels
RECENT THE SETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age