Seton Hall's head women's volleyball coach resigns
Kris Zeiter has been with the school for 6 years
The Seton Hall head women's volleyball coach has resigned from his position at the University, according to Assistant Director of Athletics/Communications Matt Sweeney.
Kris Zeiter, who has spent the last six years at the Hall, is leaving to spend more time with his family.
"This is a difficult decision to make, but it's what's best for me and my family at this time," Zeiter said in a University press release. "I will look back fondly on the years I've spent at Seton Hall and all that we were able to accomplish."
Zeiter has been one of the most successful volleyball coaches in Seton Hall's history. Over the last three seasons, he has led the Pirates to two consecutive Big East Tournament appearances, though the team was eliminated in the first round both years.
This past season, Zeiter led the Hall to a school record eight conference wins.
"Kris has brought the Seton Hall women's volleyball program to a new level of excellence," Director of Athletics Patrick Lyons said in a press release. "I thank him for his contributions and hard work and wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors."
There is no information on who the next head coach will be.
Check TheSetonian.com and this Thursday's release of The Setonian for updated information on this developing story.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More thesetonian News Articles
Recent thesetonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THESETONIAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THESETONIAN NEWS
- Desi Rodriguez steps up with Hall's big men in trouble
- Pirates win physical battle in Whitehead's return
- Phone app tips parents off to class skips
- Shedding blue light on safety
- 'Stalking: Know it. Name it. Stop it.'
- Seton Hall community reacts to proposed medical school
- Faculty will meet to discuss proposed School of Communication and the Arts
RECENT THESETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- LED Technology Helping People See The World in a Whole...
- Ice Dams Put Homes at Risk for Termites
- 5 Tips to Having a Happy, Healthy Heart
- What Does Million in IRS Budget Cuts Mean for Taxpayers?
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor