Seton Hall's head women's volleyball coach resigns
Kris Zeiter has been with the school for 6 years
The Seton Hall head women's volleyball coach has resigned from his position at the University, according to Assistant Director of Athletics/Communications Matt Sweeney.
Kris Zeiter, who has spent the last six years at the Hall, is leaving to spend more time with his family.
"This is a difficult decision to make, but it's what's best for me and my family at this time," Zeiter said in a University press release. "I will look back fondly on the years I've spent at Seton Hall and all that we were able to accomplish."
Zeiter has been one of the most successful volleyball coaches in Seton Hall's history. Over the last three seasons, he has led the Pirates to two consecutive Big East Tournament appearances, though the team was eliminated in the first round both years.
This past season, Zeiter led the Hall to a school record eight conference wins.
"Kris has brought the Seton Hall women's volleyball program to a new level of excellence," Director of Athletics Patrick Lyons said in a press release. "I thank him for his contributions and hard work and wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors."
There is no information on who the next head coach will be.
Check TheSetonian.com and this Thursday's release of The Setonian for updated information on this developing story.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More thesetonian News Articles
Recent thesetonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THESETONIAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THESETONIAN NEWS
- Spring break, not all fun and games
- SHU service club builds houses and more
- Visiting chair shares wisdom
- Meet the dean of the College of Nursing
- Longer cafeteria hours expected next semester
- Student prison interns focus on ‘myths’ of criminal justice system
- University rebranding process still ‘preliminary'
RECENT THESETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Do More With Less
- New Treatment for Undiagnosed Sports Injuries -- From...
- Beat the Crowds: Visit Europe During the Shoulder Seasons
- Building a Better Bridge From Hospital to Home Health Care
- 8 Tips to Selecting Colors for Your Home's Exterior
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- STUDENTS BATTLE FOR FREE COLLEGE TUITION IN BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT'S "HEROES OF THE DORM™" TOURNAMENT
- Entries Now Open for 7th Annual College Sports Media Awards
- Rescue your Spring Break with new app dubbed the "Uber of Roadside Assistance"
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the Peace Corps Join Together to Expand Girls' Education
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users