Seton Hall's head women's volleyball coach resigns
Kris Zeiter has been with the school for 6 years
The Seton Hall head women's volleyball coach has resigned from his position at the University, according to Assistant Director of Athletics/Communications Matt Sweeney.
Kris Zeiter, who has spent the last six years at the Hall, is leaving to spend more time with his family.
"This is a difficult decision to make, but it's what's best for me and my family at this time," Zeiter said in a University press release. "I will look back fondly on the years I've spent at Seton Hall and all that we were able to accomplish."
Zeiter has been one of the most successful volleyball coaches in Seton Hall's history. Over the last three seasons, he has led the Pirates to two consecutive Big East Tournament appearances, though the team was eliminated in the first round both years.
This past season, Zeiter led the Hall to a school record eight conference wins.
"Kris has brought the Seton Hall women's volleyball program to a new level of excellence," Director of Athletics Patrick Lyons said in a press release. "I thank him for his contributions and hard work and wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors."
There is no information on who the next head coach will be.
Check TheSetonian.com and this Thursday's release of The Setonian for updated information on this developing story.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Setonian News Articles
Recent The Setonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE SETONIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SETONIAN NEWS
RECENT THE SETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections