Women's basketball drops 16th straight game with loss to RU
With only two games remaining, Seton Hall is still in search of their first Big East win, losing 62-39 to No. 18 Rutgers University on Tuesday night.
The Pirates were led by senior guard Jasmine Crew with 20 points, three assists, and one steal.
Sophomore guard Brittany Morris added 14 points and two steals on the game.
Head coach Anne Donovan expressed her concern after the Pirates' last game when she noted that the team puts itself "in a hole" in the first half.
With a 19-point offensive effort in the first half and a nine-point deficit at halftime, the Pirates put themselves in a deep hole from the start. The second half proved to be just as bad, as Rutgers came out of halftime and immediately launched a 21-4 scoring run run to take a 49-23 lead with just over 12 minutes to play in regulation.
The Pirates shot 90 percent from the free throw line on the night, compared to 68.8 percent on the season.
The Scarlet Knights were led by senior forward April Sykes who recorded 17 points and five rebounds.
Senior Khadijah Rushdan also added 15 points and 4 assists while junior Erica Wheeler finished with 11 points.
Rutgers forced 18 turnovers, and converted those turnovers into 31 points. The Scarlet Knights shot just 36.7 percent, while Seton Hall shot 35 percent in the loss.
Seton Hall will return to play against the University of Pittsburgh on Saturday, Feb. 25 at 2 p.m. at the Peterson Events Center.
Stephanie Vedral can be reached at email@example.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Setonian News Articles
Recent The Setonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE SETONIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SETONIAN NEWS
- Auda Moving on From Seton Hall to Play for Polish Team, Edwin to Play in Italy
- Seton Hall Volleyball Releases Home Heavy 2014-Schedule
- Breaking Down the Decision: Lebron’s Return to a City in Need
- LeBron's Maturity Could Be Key Piece to Return to Cleveland
- Seton Hall Men’s Golf to Play in Six Tournaments This Fall
- Roster, Schedule Changes Leading Tony Bozzella to Heightened Expectations for...
- Seton Hall Alum Grilli Traded to the Angels
RECENT THE SETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?