Women's basketball drops 16th straight game with loss to RU
With only two games remaining, Seton Hall is still in search of their first Big East win, losing 62-39 to No. 18 Rutgers University on Tuesday night.
The Pirates were led by senior guard Jasmine Crew with 20 points, three assists, and one steal.
Sophomore guard Brittany Morris added 14 points and two steals on the game.
Head coach Anne Donovan expressed her concern after the Pirates' last game when she noted that the team puts itself "in a hole" in the first half.
With a 19-point offensive effort in the first half and a nine-point deficit at halftime, the Pirates put themselves in a deep hole from the start. The second half proved to be just as bad, as Rutgers came out of halftime and immediately launched a 21-4 scoring run run to take a 49-23 lead with just over 12 minutes to play in regulation.
The Pirates shot 90 percent from the free throw line on the night, compared to 68.8 percent on the season.
The Scarlet Knights were led by senior forward April Sykes who recorded 17 points and five rebounds.
Senior Khadijah Rushdan also added 15 points and 4 assists while junior Erica Wheeler finished with 11 points.
Rutgers forced 18 turnovers, and converted those turnovers into 31 points. The Scarlet Knights shot just 36.7 percent, while Seton Hall shot 35 percent in the loss.
Seton Hall will return to play against the University of Pittsburgh on Saturday, Feb. 25 at 2 p.m. at the Peterson Events Center.
Stephanie Vedral can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More thesetonian News Articles
Recent thesetonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THESETONIAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THESETONIAN NEWS
- Reality Check:
- Men aim to make statement on the road against Georgia
- Simmons squared: Women win 10th straight behind Daisha and Didi
- MBB dominates USF for first true road win
- Streaking women's earns their ninth win in a row
- MBB: Mobley, Pirates handle the Peacocks
- Pirates fail to shock Wichita State, handed first loss
RECENT THESETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists