NJPAC features historic concert film screenings
Starting on Feb. 1 at 7 p.m., Friday nights at New Jersey Performing Arts Center's Victoria Theater will feature Nelson George's series of historic concert film screenings including "Save the Children," "Krush Groove," "Wattstax" and "Jazz on A Summer's Day."
In these films, audiences will see performances by the Jackson Five, LL Cool J, the Staples Singers, Louis Armstrong and many other icons.
Nelson George is a famed critic, director, journalist and filmmaker who has worked with many celebrities including Halle Berry in his career. After each screening, he will be joined by a panel of guest critics including Michael Veal, Bill Charlap, Woody Shaw III and Bill Adler to have a conversation with the audience.
Tickets to the screenings are $25 and $50 if you want a personal meet and greet with George and his panelists. To purchase tickets, call the NJPAC box office at 1-888-466-5722.
Amanda Boyer can be reached at Amanda.email@example.com
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More thesetonian News Articles
Recent thesetonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THESETONIAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THESETONIAN NEWS
- MBB: Mobley, Pirates handle the Peacocks
- Pirates fail to shock Wichita State, handed first loss
- Seton Hall women’s team wins crucial non-conference game
- Best Albums of 2014
- Seton Hall dominates Rutgers, stay undefeated
- SHU WBB keeps rolling, extends win streak to six
- Volleyball's historic season comes to an end after NCAA Tournament loss
RECENT THESETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists