NJPAC features historic concert film screenings
Starting on Feb. 1 at 7 p.m., Friday nights at New Jersey Performing Arts Center's Victoria Theater will feature Nelson George's series of historic concert film screenings including "Save the Children," "Krush Groove," "Wattstax" and "Jazz on A Summer's Day."
In these films, audiences will see performances by the Jackson Five, LL Cool J, the Staples Singers, Louis Armstrong and many other icons.
Nelson George is a famed critic, director, journalist and filmmaker who has worked with many celebrities including Halle Berry in his career. After each screening, he will be joined by a panel of guest critics including Michael Veal, Bill Charlap, Woody Shaw III and Bill Adler to have a conversation with the audience.
Tickets to the screenings are $25 and $50 if you want a personal meet and greet with George and his panelists. To purchase tickets, call the NJPAC box office at 1-888-466-5722.
Amanda Boyer can be reached at Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Setonian News Articles
Recent The Setonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE SETONIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SETONIAN NEWS
- New Campus Security and Safety report released
- Student Government Association swears in new senators
- 'More changes, different changes' on campus
- Record numbers expected at annual Pirate Blue Beefsteak Tip-Off Dinner
- From DC to LA, plenty to watch this MLB postseason
- Help drops in
- MSOC looking to snap losing streak in Omaha
RECENT THE SETONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got a Headache? Manage it With Chiropractic Care
- 3 Pescadores Rescatados en el Mar gracias a Dispositivo GPS
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections