Seton Hall forward Darnell Brodie enters NCAA Transfer Portal

Seton Hall sophomore forward Darnell Brodie has entered the NCAA Transfer Portal. https://twitter.com/BIG__BRODIE/status/1242904324260454403?s=20 Brodie appeared in three games last season, averaging 0.7 points and 0.7 rebounds per game. As a freshman, he appeared in 10 games and made three starts, averaging 0.8 points, 1.1 rebounds and 0.2 blocks per game. Brodie was also a member of the 2019 Big East All-Academic team. A former three-star recruit according to 247Sports, Brodie committed to Seton Hall in 2017 after spending a prep season playing at Montverde Academy in Florida. The Newark native played his high school basketball at Putnam Science Academy in Connecticut before returning home to play for Newark Eastside in the middle of his senior year. Brodie is the second member of head coach Kevin Willard's 2017 recruiting class to transfer out of the program. Point guard Jordan Walker left Seton Hall after his freshman year and transferred to Tulane. Myles Cale and Sandro Mamukelashvili, the other two members of the class, are still with the Pirates. Brodie joins Taurean Thompson as the second Seton Hall player to enter the transfer portal this offseason. With their departures, Willard and his coaching staff now have two available scholarships that they can use to fill out next year's roster. Tyler Calvaruso can be reached at tyler.calvaruso@student.shu.edu. Find him on Twitter @tyler_calvaruso.