Bats keep winning streak alive for Pirates

The Seton Hall Baseball team stayed hot on Tuesday afternoon with a 10-5 victory over Fairleigh Dickinson. The win improves the the team’s record to 11-13.

In the game, Brennan O’Neill recorded his fourth win of the season. He allowed one run and five hits during his time on the mound. After a run scored by Fairleigh Dickinson in the bottom of the first inning, he quickly adjusted, striking out the side.

After the 1-1 tie at the end of the first inning, the Pirates put up a combined seven runs in the second and third innings. During the top of second inning, Sebastiano Santorelli hit a double to left field which allowed Steve Grober and Bobby Sheppard to score two runs. In the third, Christian Del Castillo scored a home run to center field which would continue the Pirates offensive momentum.

Again in the third, Santorelli hit another double that allowed Matt Toke to increase the Pirates lead to 5-1. The Pirates would then score on the next three pitches and lead 8-1 lead at the end of the inning.

Following the dominant offensive performance in the third, the Pirates only scored two runs to finish the game. David Haberman scored on a balk from Fairleigh Dickinson during the seventh inning, and in the ninth, Alex Clyde hit a single to drive home. Fairleigh Dickinson scored three runs at the bottom of the ninth, but it was too late to try to make a possible comeback.

The Pirates return to action as they travel to Villanova on April 5 at 3:00 p.m.

Ryan Beltran can be contacted at Ryan.Beltran@student.shu.edu or on Twitter @RyanB591011