School of Theology announces partnership

The Immaculate Conception Seminary School of Theology (ICSST) at Seton Hall University and the Lay Centre at Foyer Unitas have just announced a recent partnership. [caption id="attachment_24541" align="aligncenter" width="838"] File photo[/caption] Dr. Diane Traflet, Dean Associate of the ICSST, lived and worked at the Lay Centre in 1990s. She has seen it grow and worked with it on many occasions. During the past year, Traflet attended a meeting with some members of the Lay Centre board for a possibility to collaborate and thus a partnership was born. “While the challenges in the Church were not part of our initial decision-making, they certainly are important—indeed crucial—as we look at how our partnership might positively serve the Church today,” Traflet said. Dr. Donna Orsuto, the director of the Lay Centre, has also worked very closely with Traflet and Monsignor Joseph Reilly, Dean of the ICSST, to help launch the partnership. Reilly commented on Orsuto’s expertise and professionalism and how much students have learned from her. When asked about what ICSST was trying to accomplish through this partnership Reilly said, “share resources so that ICSST faculty, seminarians, and students may have access to a campus in the heart of Rome; lead programs and graduate courses both in Rome and at ICSST on Catholic spirituality and leadership; and participate in long-time planning for both institutions that will be of benefit to each, as well as the Church as a whole.” Shayan Dawood can be reached at shayan.dawood@student.shu.edu.