Pirates finish 4th in Nittany Lion Invitational

The Seton Hall’s women’s golf team began its fall season this past weekend at the Nittany Lion Invitational in State College, Pa. The Pirates had a strong performance and finished in fourth out of 16 teams with a final score of 885. The Pirates struggled in the first round with a score of 304, but ultimately turned it around with a score of 291 in the second round and 290 in the third round. Lizzie Win shot par with a scoreline of 76-70-70-216. Win, now a junior, is looking to build off last season where she was named to the 2018 All-Big East Team. Mia Kness finished second for Seton Hall, shooting 8-over-par with a scoreline of 77-73-74-224. Kness is set to be a key contributor to this year’s Pirates squad, as she was named the 2018 Big East Freshman of the Year in 2017-18. [caption id="attachment_24174" align="aligncenter" width="838"] Photo via SHU Athletics[/caption] Carolina Ronchel Salas finished for the third for Seton Hall and shot 10-over-par, finishing with a scoreline of 78-75-73-226. Salas, a transfer from LIU-Brooklyn, was named a member of the All-Northeast Conference First Team last season. Finishing fourth for the Pirates in her first collegiate tournament was Sarah Fouratt, as she shot 12-over-par with a scoreline of 82-73-73-228. Just behind Fouratt was Sammie Staudt, who finished in fifth at 16-over-par and 73-77-82-232. Overall, the Pirates pieced together a solid performance at the tournament, but they will look to improve as the year progresses. The team returns to action on Sunday, Sept. 29 at the Princeton Invitational. Madisyn Travisano can be reached at madisyn.travisano@student.shu.edu or on Twitter @maditravisano.