Class of 2022 breaks records

Seton Hall’s class of 2022 broke three different records going into the new school year. The milestones achieved, which are receiving the most applicants, largest class, and highest average SAT scores, indicate that Seton Hall’s overall progress is at an all-time high. Seton Hall received over 19,200 applicants for the class of 2022, which would end up surpassing last year’s number by about 2,500 students. Out of all these applicants, 1,500 were registered to begin classes at the beginning of the year. This is just one year after the class of 2021 broke the record for most applicants and largest class. Last year’s class had beaten the previous year by more than 1,000 students. The overall outlook of the past three years shows us that the number of applicants for Seton Hall has increased by approximately 30 percent. Along with these incoming students arrive better academic achievement. The highest average SAT scores set this year serve as a demonstration of Seton Hall’s rising academic excellence. The academic reputation of the school has only gotten better and because of this, Seton Hall has been able to attract exceptional students located all over the country. Alyssa McCloud, Vice President of Enrollment Management, mentioned how encouraged she was about the nationwide recognition Seton Hall has been getting the past few years. “I think the new records are a great sign of how much vitality this university has,” McCloud said. “How much we have to offer students, and how much the broader community is recognizing all the great things Seton Hall has to offer.” The two-time alum states that she is very proud of what Seton Hall has been accomplishing recently, not only because she works here, but because this was her home for many years. McCloud believes that the reason for these recent trends can be attributed to many different factors. Whether it be the university’s constant renovation and expansion, the fact that Seton Hall tells a good story, or the excellent staff she works with to help attract freshmen, McCloud said that all these factors contribute greatly to the school’s success. “We are exceeding our enrollment goals, and I think it’s because of a number of factors, not one thing, it is many things,” McCloud said. Ginny Geiser, a freshman theater major, has really enjoyed her experience so far. “I think they open up a lot of opportunities for us to be happy and successful, with things like the involvement fair and the career center,” Geiser said. “I believe that Seton Hall will help set me up to have a successful career.” Mike Lutz, a freshman biology major, is also very optimistic with how things have gone so far, sharing that events such as Pirate Adventure allowed him to make friends. Jose Balderrama can be reached at jose.balderrama@student.shu.edu.