Take advantage of what SHU has to offer

Welcome back Seton Hall community! We hope you had a productive, yet relaxing summer. As we all start to settle back into this new school year, remember to take advantage of all that SHU has to offer. [caption id="attachment_23469" align="aligncenter" width="508"] Photo obtained from google.com.[/caption] Everyone says this, but it’s extremely important. Make an appointment with the Career Center. Whether you need help perfecting your resume or will be looking for an internship or job soon, the Career Center is a good resource for students. They can help you market yourself on LinkedIn and whatever else you need help with. Before you graduate, intern for a few different companies. Not only will you gain experience doing so, you’ll also see if what you’re interning or majoring in is really what you want to do in life. SHU is located close to New York, so you can look for internships in the city too. With that said, go to career fairs and network with employers and SHU alumni. This is good practice and will help you figure out what you want to do once you graduate. Having connections in the field you want to work in helps. You can ask them questions you have about certain professions and they may know someone hiring. Attend events and workshops on campus. This will better your college experience and yourself as a student. If you are struggling in a class, don’t be afraid to go office hours and ask your professor for help. Reach out to students in your class and form study groups. You can also go to the Academic Resource Center (ARC) for tutoring. If you need to talk to someone, reach out to the Counseling and Psychological Services Center (CAPS). Join a club or organization. Even ones you wouldn’t normally think to join. You’ll meet new people, make new friends and you may learn something about yourself in the process. Plus, clubs and organizations look good on resumes. Seton Hall offers an abundance of services, events and opportunities that enrich students’ college experiences. So, remember to study hard this semester, have fun and use the services that SHU has to your benefit. The Voice is intended to best represent the collective opinion of The Editorial Board. It is written by The Setonian’s Editor-in-Chief and Managing Editor.