Palm Valley Paradise: Pirates set eight records in the Loyola Intercollegiate

The Seton Hall men’s golf team shot a program-record 24-under-par, finishing seventh out of 17 teams at the Loyola Intercollegiate in Goodyear, Ariz. Seton Hall junior Chris Yeom singlehandedly broke two records and tied one in what was a prolific two days for the Pirates at the Palm Valley Golf Course. Yeom was a standout, remarkably finishing sixth individually out of 107 golfers despite tying a program record with his three-round score. Yeom finished the tournament with a 66-69-68-203, with his 203 breaking Lloyd Jefferson Go’s 205 in the same event last spring. His 13-under-par, meanwhile, tied an 11-year-old record held by former Pirate Kyle Morris.  The fantastic performance, which finished with a 4-under-par in the final round, was good for Yeom’s ninth top-10 finish in his career. [caption id="attachment_21944" align="aligncenter" width="838"] Photo via SHU Athletics[/caption] Linus Yip also tied a program record, as he putted in a career best seven birdies in his final round on Monday. Yip’s precision on the green helped him to a final round score of 65, which tied Lloyd Jefferson Go for the lowest par-72 round score in Seton Hall history. Yip finished two rounds under par in the tournament, as he placed 24th overall with a 71-75-65, 211, good for 5-under-par. Gen Nagai also was a catalyst for the team’s success, as the senior shot a career-low 8-under-par, 68-71-69, 208 which was tied for 15th individually. His 208 score is the fifth-lowest par-72 three-round total in school history, with only Yeom in this tournament, Tait in the previous tournament and Go twice in his tenure having lower tournament scores. Seton Hall finished the tournament at 24-under-par, with a team score of 277-290-273-840. This put the Pirates in seventh place, with the team’s first and third round scores both besting the previous program record for the lowest team score for a par-72 round score. Gregor Tait’s 72-75-71-218, good for 2-under-par, and Alex McAuley’s 76-78-75-229, good for 13-over-par, rounded out the individual scores for the Pirate players competing with the team. Andres Acevedo – competing as an individual – shoot a 66-74-76-216 for an even-par. The next match for the Pirates will take place at the Kingsmill Intercollegiate in Williamsburg, Va. from Mar. 25-27, where the Hall will look to add to its already great start to the season. Matt Mlodzinski can be reached at matt.mlodzinski@student.shu.edu or on Twitter @Mlodzinski_15.