Freshman guard Jordan Walker leaves Seton Hall basketball program

Freshman point guard Jordan Walker has decided to leave the Seton Hall men’s basketball program, as first reported by 247Sports’ Andrew Slater on Tuesday morning.

Walker had played in two games for Seton Hall this season, totaling seven points, four assists and one steal in 28 minutes of play. He sat out of Seton Hall games for the past month with a thumb injury.

Greg Medina/File Photo

Following the injury, Walker’s first game where he was dressed and available to play occurred on Dec. 16 when Seton Hall visited Rutgers. Walker did not see playing time in the 71-65 Pirate loss, and that reportedly played a part in his decision to leave the program, according to both Gannet New Jersey‘s Jerry Carino and the New York Post‘s Zach Braziller.

Even during his time on the bench, Walker was often a supportive presence, physically and emphatically cheering on his teammates.

A highly recruited guard from the Patrick School, Walker’s exit affects Seton Hall’s depth at point guard. With Khadeen Carrington already spending heavy minutes at the point, Eron Gordon is the only true point guard left on the roster.

After 8 a.m. on Tuesday, Walker sent out a tweet from his Twitter account that he later deleted shortly after the news of his exit started to spread on social media. The tweet read, “It’s not the destination, it’s the journey #MambaMentality.”

It is not clear if the tweet is directly related to his decision to leave the Pirate program.

Elizabeth Swinton can be reached at elizabeth.swinton@student.shu.edu or on Twitter @eswint22. 

Author: Elizabeth Swinton

Elizabeth Swinton is a television production major at Seton Hall University where she serves as Sports Editor of The Setonian. In addition, Swinton is a social media specialist and contributing writer for The Brooklyn Game. You can follow her on Twitter @eswint22