Seton Hall WBB heading north for Canadian tour

via SHU Athletics

via SHU Athletics

The Seton Hall women’s basketball team will take a trip to Canada from Aug. 6 to 14 to play exhibition games against four top Canadian universities.

”With the youth we have coming in for our 2016-17 season, this is the perfect opportunity for us to take advantage of a foreign tour,” head coach Tony Bozzella said in a press release. “We are looking forward to experiencing the culture in Canada while also getting a chance to compete with high-level opposition and are extremely thankful for our administration allowing us to take such a trip.”

The Pirates will begin their tour of the north in Montreal, where they will face off against McGill University on Aug. 9.  The Martlets finished last season with a 25-9 record, winning their fifth consecutive Quebec Conference championship.

The following day, Seton Hall will play Laval University in a match hosted by McGill.  The Laval Rouge et Or went 19-9 during last year’s regular season and made the RSEQ Final before losing to McGill.

After the two-game stint in Montreal, the Pirates will travel to the neighboring province of Ontario to face Ottawa University on Aug. 12 and Carleton University on Aug. 13.  The Ottawa Gee-Gees advanced to the CIS Final Eight Championship last season, while the Carleton Ravens went 16-3 during the regular season.

Matt Lapolla can be reached by email at or on Twitter @Lapollarbear.