Women’s soccer brings on two new transfers

via SHU Athletics

via SHU Athletics

The Seton Hall women’s soccer team added two Division I transfer students, midfielders Ryann Ramirez and Ana Zadro, to its roster Thursday afternoon.

Ramirez, a native of Lake Tahoe, Calif., comes to Seton Hall after spending her freshman year at Florida International University.  Although she did not see any action for FIU last season, the midfielder has a great deal of experience playing for club soccer teams.  She played with Neusport FC Green, who finished in third place in the state tournament for three consecutive years 2008-10.  She also played for the IMG Academy in 2011, where she reached state quarterfinals, and for LA Premier CSL, winning the championship after an undefeated season.

“Ryann is an athletic and versatile player who has a great work ethic on both sides of the ball,” Seton Hall women’s soccer coach Rick Stainton said.  “She has a competitive mind-set, willingness to contribute, and will further improve us in multiple roles.”

Zadro, from Mississauga, Ont., joins the Pirates with two years of experience at Southeastern Louisiana University.  In 37 matches as a midfielder, she has five goals and eight assists.  The two-year letter winner had seven assists in the 2015 season, the third most in the Southland Conference.  In the Southland Conference Championship final, she scored a penalty kick to help send the team to the NCAA tournament.  At the end of the season, she was named as an honorable mention to the All-Southland Conference team.

“Ana is a very creative and dynamic player who has the ability to assist or finish,” Stainton said. “She is a pro-active player who is dangerous with or without the ball. Her contributions in our attack will be impactful for our program.”

Stainton also added that the team is very excited to welcome their newest additions, saying that they will add provide valuable experience for the program.

The Pirates report for fall camp on Aug. 2, and open up their season with an exhibition game against Lafayette on Aug. 11.

Matt Lapolla can be contacted through email at matthew.lapolla@student.shu.edu or on Twitter @Lapollarbear.