Seton Hall tennis coach Greg Wyzykowski resigns

via Seton Hall Athletics

via Seton Hall Athletics

Tennis coach Greg Wyzykowski has resigned, effective immediately, according to a press release sent out by Seton Hall Athletics on Wednesday morning.

The school will begin a national search for Wyzykowski’s replacement after the coach spent the last nine years at the helm of the women’s tennis team. No specific reason for his resignation was provided. Seton Hall Athletics denied further comment beyond the release. Wyzykowski did as well in a telephone conversation, though he did express that he was “happy” with the program.

“I want to thank Coach Wyzykowski for his nine years of service with our tennis program,” Seton Hall Vice President and Director of Athletics & Recreation Pat Lyons said in the release. “He did a terrific job working with our student-athletes, who have excelled in the classroom and have always represented our University with class. We wish him all the best in his future endeavors.”

An NJIT alum, Wyzykowski was named the Pirates head coach in September of 2007. The Hall would go on to win 64 dual matches while advancing to the Big East Championship five times during his tenure. The team is coming off a 10-11 injury-riddled spring season in which the Pirates also went 4-7 in conference play.

Gary Phillips can be reached at or on Twitter @GaryHPhillips. 

Author: Gary Phillips

Gary Phillips is a journalism major at Seton Hall University where he serves as Editor-in-Chief of The Setonian. In addition, Phillips is also a columnist at FanRag Sports and a contributing writer for Jets Wire. He has also interned at CNBC and The Bergen Record and written for Bleacher Report and Double G Sports, in addition to freelance work. You can follow Phillips on Twitter @GaryHPhillips and see all of his work at