Leaving behind their legacy: Senior share commencement quotes before graduation

As finals approach, the end of the finish line is nearing for the class of 2016. Traditionally, the graduating class of a university is sent off with the words of wisdom from a guest speaker. Though the commencement ceremony of 2016 will not feature a keynote speaker from outside the university, a handful of  students will be featured. Bon Voyage, and good luck, class of 2016!

Armani Garrido

Armani Garrido

“The anticipation is sensational. The achievement is surreal. But graduation itself is bittersweet.”

Mark Janiak

Mark Janiak

“Doubt slows progress and limits one’s view of the bigger picture. Invite yourself to rise above expectations and choose to free yourself from all negative energy. Seton Hall gave me the opportunity to believe in myself and bust through the ceiling above me. There is no greater feeling than being able to grow with the love and trust of others.”

Erik Axelsen (Right)

Erik Axelsen

“As we open up this new chapter of our lives, never forget those who helped you succeed along the way. Always remember the support and encouragement you received.”

Carly Mühlhahn

Carly Mühlhahn

“I knew I would be able to be myself in college, but I didn’t realize that it would mean finding myself as well. College challenges everything you think you know about yourself: your morals, your beliefs, your intelligence, your self worth, your friends. It’s up to you decide where you stand and its up to you to defend that stance. If you don’t you’re going to lose yourself. Find your passion and let it kill you because otherwise you’re going to wind up miserable and self-doubting. Enjoy every moment because it’s a learning experience: good and bad. There will always be things you wish you could change but don’t dwell on the past because you can only move on from there.”

Ricardo Laguerre

“Failure will happen, and all you can do is learn from it and change. Life doesn’t get better by chance, it gets better by change”

Albery Paula

Albery Paula

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

-Jeremiah 29:11

“Congratulations Class of 2016, We made it!”

Shaina Daniels

Shaina Daniels

“I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:13

Sabrienne Olanio (pictured left)

Sabrienne Olanio

“You will learn quickly that a highly demanding and stressful semester can significantly damage your empathy. Remind yourself that knowledge itself is not enough. Never forget to be a kind and compassionate student!”

Paul Yoon

Paul Yoon

“Even though times may be tough time may be tough, stick with it and you’ll find something that you love.” -Paul Yoon

Daniel Brown

Daniel Brown

“I preach to everyone to grind. Don’t ever stop grinding. I went to a meeting yesterday where I heard someone talk about working hard. Everyone “works hard”. If you know me, you know I bust my tail every single day. Whether it’s MLKSA, Leadership, or my podcast, I’m grinding. Grind stands for greatness running in nonstop determination. That’s the motto. I’m not going to stop grinding it out until I’m comfortable, content, and stable. In all facets. Grind people, grind.”

Meltem Colak

Meltem Colak

“Remember that you’re learning more than academics throughout your undergraduate experience. Finding and nurturing healthy friendships will transform you into a well-rounded, happier, and more productive human being; above all, never underestimate the healing power of five minutes spent on “The Green.”

1 Comment

1. Congratulations to my son Armani Garrido. May all his desires, aspirations in life and endeavors come true. My deepest thanks to Seton Hall University for preparing him into the real world and Congratulations to the Class of 2016.

Post a Reply