College students share their fears

Do you have a fear that lurks at the back of your mind? Are there nightmares which you never want to relive? What are you afraid of? When only given four or less words, but asked what she feared, Tiffany Yung, a senior social and behavioral sciences major said it was life after death. Yung said that it is just something she had been thinking about and even asked herself, would it be just like sleeping? There are fears which revolve around college, but it can also include a variety of matters. Zachary Lombardi, a freshman broadcasting, visual and interactive media major, said his four-word horror story is “Hillary Clinton for President.” Lombardi explained that he feels she is the world’s most outrageous liar and she turns around and says something completely different every time she speaks. Erin Kelly, a freshman communications major, said that she fears that Donald Trump will become president. She said that she does not agree with many of Trump’s political views and that to her a future president should not be making these types of comments. Despite holding different political opinions, students can also be concerned about what the future holds for them. Stephanie Somar, an undecided sophomore, said she has fears regarding school stress especially as she tries to decide what she actually wants to do major and career-wise. Carolyn Carew, a freshman nursing major, said she fears any kind of failure. There are also fears of failure, death, the future, accidents, bugs, as well as having responsibilities and financial problems. However, Allison Van Hook, a sophomore biology major, said cookies becoming extinct is something that she fears. Valerie Qiu Wen Ong can be reached at valerieqiuwen.ong@student.shu.edu.