Your holiday shopping list: both naughty and nice

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="452"] valley.grange.files.wordpress.com[/caption] Whether you’re browsing on Amazon or window shopping at The Mall at Short Hills, the only thing longer than the lines and virtual aisles to peruse is the list that has nice intentions, but naughty anxiety-inducing capabilities. The holiday season is in full swing which means it’s time to start thinking about what you’re going to get each and every person on your list, ranging from your academic advisor to your significant other. And if you were thinking of getting them the same thing, well, that’s why this list is here to help. Here is a gift giving guide to ensure that everyone on your list, loves their gifts: A candle for mom and a bottle of cologne for dad are always a safe way to go, but this year, consider buying something different like the Nook Glowlight, similar to an eReader, it stores up to 2,000 books. If your parents are avid coffee drinkers, look into giving them a Keurig machine. Try to avoid gifts that come across as last minute thoughts, like gift cards (unless they tell you they want them). If you have a gamer sibling who doesn’t own the hottest video game of the season like “Fallout 4” then that is the gift to give. Or give the gift of music with Beats headphones so that your sibling can listen to music at a high quality and not annoy you by blasting music around the house. For the tech savvy sibling, look into a chargeable phone case so they can keep snapchatting, instagramming and texting for hours. After giving these gifts, you may be the most favored sibling around! If there’s a friend who is particularly into makeup, consider gifting a Birchbox subscription, which is only 10 dollars per month. If your friend is an athlete, a FitBit will make a great gift. Bookworm buddies are easy to please through giving them a new book while the health-nut might love the Yonana, a device that transforms frozen fruit into a delectable treat. For a significant other, gift something that shows you have been listening like giving concert tickets to their favorite band. This is a meaningful gift that they will surely enjoy and you two can attend the event together! Depending on the relationship, try to steer clear of certain gifts like getting your girlfriend expensive jewelry may not be a smart idea if the relationship has just started. Similarly, don’t accidentally belittle your boyfriend by giving him a stuffed animal or candy for Christmas. For all of your loved ones, evaluate their individual interests. You know them better than anyone so it is imperative that you consider what they will really appreciate receiving this holiday season. Happy holidays and happy gift giving! Sarah Auerbach can be reached at sarah.auerbach@student.shu.edu.