SHU partners with ReplyBuy for mobile ticket purchasing

[caption id="attachment_12053" align="alignnone" width="600"]gust.com gust.com[/caption]   Seton Hall has made purchasing tickets a whole lot easier for its fans. The Hall’s Department of Athletics recently announced a partnership with ReplyBuy, a program that gives fans the ability to purchase tickets directly from their smart phones via text message. The company is currently servicing a variety of clients across Canada and the United States, including teams in the NBA, NFL, NHL and college sports in addition to entertainment venues.
“Smartphones have become an important tool in our lives as consumers, and we are excited to bring Seton Hall fans a new and convenient service for them to use when they want to attend a Pirates basketball game,” senior associate athletics director Bryan Felt said in a press release. Pirates fans can register their phones to receive personalized notifications when tickets become available. They can then reply with a text message and purchase a ticket in a matter of seconds. There is a catch, though – replies must be fast.
The quicker fans reply to the notification and purchase the ticket, the better their seat is, depending on availability. As soon as a user buys a ticket, it is delivered to his or her phone and ready to be scanned at the Prudential Center. There is no printing required upon purchase. “Seton Hall understands that delivering access, speed and simplicity to their fans is of the utmost importance,” ReplyBuy Vice President Brandon O’Halloran said. “We are in an on-demand society today. We know Seton Hall fans will love the capability to complete a ticket purchase by simply responding to a text message without ever having to click a link or download an app.”
ReplyBuy will run special promotional offers as well as releasing limited/late ticket releases to Pirate home games. “For a student like me, who wasn’t able to get season tickets, it’s a lot more convenient than driving all the way to the Prudential Center to see if I can get a ticket for the game,” SHU junior Corey Thomas said. Last year, when the Pirates played the ranked Villanova Wildcats at the Prudential Center, Thomas tried to buy a student ticket before the game started at the box office. The game was a sellout, and he was not able to get a ticket, wasting time and gas on a ride into Newark.
“It’s so easy. You don’t need to worry about printing a ticket or hoping to get one at the stadium,” Thomas said. “It’s simple, hassle-free and a great way to sell more tickets.”   Bobby Bevilacqua can be reached at robert.bevilacqua@student.shu. edu or on Twitter @rpb725.