Class of 2016 enjoys "senior week" on campus

[caption id="attachment_11467" align="alignnone" width="300"]Seton Hall's Twitter Seton Hall's Twitter[/caption] The graduation date for seniors on May 9 is already drawing near. The special day is accompanied with a week full-long of events set up by the Senior Class Council (SCC). This year, however, the SCC is implementing a new approach. Every year “Senior Week” consists of fun events and activities for the senior class to do, usually taking place the week after finals. In addition to “Senior Week”, the SCC is promising a whole new way of running things which includes greater activities. Amanda Catherall, a marketing co-chairperson on the SCC said there are more events than those in past years, spread throughout the entire year.   These new activities will have a wide range of appeal, such as a section devoted to seniors at a SHU Pirates game. Other ideas include service trips, career fairs and money management seminars. Additionally, the SCC plans to sell senior class apparel online. Traditionally, seniors travel to Atlantic City for a weekend to celebrate, explore Hoboken and attend the senior banquet. These activities will be included in the SCC’s schedule of events, but they are focusing on expanding on those traditional events and add activities that will appeal to everyone. To do this, these events will be held both on and off-campus and one event can be expected each month, starting in November. “I’m really excited because I believe it will be so much more than what it’s been,” Catherall said. All of the events are not confirmed, but the SCC is expected to finalize its slate of activities on Oct. 23 and release a schedule by November. In order to stay up to date with the events, the SCC recommends texting “shusenior” to “5500” for updates. Also, the organization’s page on the SHU website will be frequently updated and will include the finalized schedule. Chances to give feedback or ideas and information to sign up for the Senior Class Council are also available on the website. The SCC is also using social media to inform the senior class through the hashtag, #SetonHall2016.   Zachary Wohl can be reached at Zachary.wohl@student.shu.edu