Annual entrepreneur Hall of Fame inducts new members

[caption id="attachment_11346" align="alignnone" width="200"]Seton Hall's Website Seton Hall's Website[/caption] sunny_bathla2_288x432_1 The annual Hall of Fame dinner on Oct. 7 recognized SHU students from the Stillman School of Business for their success as entrepreneurs and alumni were inducted into the Seton Hall University Entrepreneur Hall of Fame. Susan Scherreik-Hynes, Director of the Center for Entrepreneurial Studies, said the Hall of Fame was created 10 years ago. “We created (it) to celebrate the success of alumni entrepreneurs and to have them serve as role models for our students,” said Scherreik-Hynes. This year’s Hall of Fame inductees are Stillman School of Business alumni Beatriz (Betty) Manetta (1998) and Sunny Bathla (2000/M.B.A. 2015). According to the Stillman School of Business SHU website, Manetta is the founder, president and CEO of Argent Associates, Inc., and Asociar, LLC. Manetta received her master’s degree from the Stillman School of Business in international business. Bathla is the founder of OSB Consulting and Vice President of Virtusa Corporation. Bathla received his Bachelor of Science degree in finance from the Stillman School of Business in 2000 and returned to receive his M.B.A. in accounting in 2007. Students are rewarded with scholarships at the dinner every year and this year, Gabriela Redhead, a senior in the Stillman School of Business, will be awarded the Undergraduate Entrepreneurship Scholarship. “I feel greatly honored to have been awarded this scholarship,” Redhead said. “I appreciate the generous support of alumni of the Seton Hall University Center for Entrepreneurial Studies and of the overall Stillman community.” Redhead is involved with the Center for Entrepreneurial Studies program, created in 2003. Scherreik-Hynes said the program was created because of a $1 million donation from Frank Scott, an alumnus, for an endowment to start an entrepreneurial studies program. “Our goal was to build a program with both courses and extracurricular activities,” which includes the entrepreneurship fraternity Epsilon Nu Tau and the Entrepreneurship Clubs Scherreik-Hynes said. “Last May, (the program) awarded 26 certificates to undergraduate and graduate students, for a total of 182 over the last eight years.” In addition to the scholarships, the dinner raises funds to create the entrepreneurial spirit, such as the business model competition, Pirates Pitch, which awards $10,000 in prizes to students with the best business ideas. “Many of the entrepreneurs that we induct into the Hall of Fame serve as judges in the contest, which is held every April,” said Scherreik-Hynes. Ryan Skolnick, Stillman School of Business sophomore, won last year’s Pirates Pitch competition. Skolnick won with the pitch for his current business, AvehoLearning. Skolnick works with fellow sophomore, Deniz Yalcin, chief financial officer of AvehoLearning. Users of AvehoLearning can “learn other languages through playing a video game where (they are) immersed within the culture of the language,” Skolnick said. “The (projected) launch date is 2018 for the products.” Diana Kim can be reached at reached at diana.kim@student.shu. edu.