Calling past, present and future Pirates to celebrate SHU Weekend

Courtesy of

Seton Hall University is gearing up for the annual Seton Hall Weekend.

According to Seton Hall’s website, the event is a celebration of community spirit and will run from Oct. 2 to Oct. 4. The event is free and offers a multitude of events to the public.

“Seton Hall Weekend is a university tradition that celebrates our close ties enjoyed by students, parents, alumni, faculty, staff and the surrounding community,” said Events Director Jennifer O’Sheal, who organizes the weekend. “It is a great engagement opportunity for alumni, parents and community members. Some people who attend university weekend have not been back on campus for years.”

The weekend offers a wide range of events for all ages and majority of them are held on campus. All the events and activities are sponsored and organized by University Advancement and multiple departments at SHU.

Some of the events include The Blue and White scrimmage, where attendees can watch the men’s and women’s basketball teams compete in various drills and scrimmages in addition to the 31st annual Farinella 5K run through campus. There are also activities in which student groups can compete in games for a chance to win prizes or enjoy participating in bungee run, mini golf, Rock N’ Joust, rock wall, tie dying, pumpkin painting and many more games which are held on the green.

When asked about the weekend, public relations major Thomas Cilmi said he has gone to every single Seton Hall Weekend since he started attending SHU.

“My parents come up every year to watch me perform in the pep band during the day. It makes me happy to share this weekend with them and be able to see them,” he said.

For more information and to register for events affiliated with SHU Weekend, see the full schedule at on the school website at

Amanda Boyer can be reached at

Author: Amanda Boyer

Amanda is a senior public relations major graduating in December 2015, a semester earlier than the four-year track, from Hillsborough, NJ. Prior, she was the Photography Editor and now holds the postion of being the Social Media Manager of The Setonian. She is also a freelance photographer for on and off campus events. As a writer, she is also a contributor to, and