SAB pledges to focus on students interests, hopes

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="373"] shu.edu[/caption] The fall semester is back in full swing, which means the Students Activities Board (S.A.B.) is ready to offer an array of diverse, new and improved programs. This year, S.A.B. is placing an even higher emphasis on listening to students and hoping they voice their interests. Anthony Marcus, President of S.A.B., said they tried especially hard this year to adapt the programs to fit the criteria of what students said they wanted. “This year, almost every one of our events were based off of the end of the year survey that we sent to students so that students had 100 percent say in the events we had,” Marcus said. According to Lilli Wofsy, travel chair, the organization is making sure to ask for the feedback of students at every event to ensure that every event is a success and, if it’s not, they will have a better idea of how to improve on it. “I absolutely believe that the programs are better than last year,” Marcus said. S.A.B. is hosting singer Nate Ruess, who will be performing at 7 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 25 at the Field House. Marcus, not allowed to comment on rumors of Nate Ruess visiting campus before or after his performance, said that a concert each year is always one of the most successful and most anticipated events. Wofsy said they also look for student feedback to decide if students want more new events on campus or if they would rather travel off-campus. To increase campus participation, S.A.B. will also be holding two meetings each Monday to hopefully involve more commuters and other students. Similar to last year, S.A.B. will bring back some traveling events such as trips to Broadway shows and sporting events. Some of the wide range of events they have planned for this year include a variety of activities such as Free Flick Fridays, which will include family features "Minions" and "Back to the Future" and Open Mic Nights. Additionally, S.A.B. has planned a trip to Dorney Park, Broadway shows "Les Miserables" and "Chicago," Radio City’s "Christmas Spectacular" and the annual Winter Ball. S.A.B. encourages students to attend as many events and programs as possible. “We want students to be able to enjoy their college experience as much as possible,” Marcus added. The student organization prides itself on enhancing the overall energy on campus and has a history of trying to provide students the type of activities they would attend. Mackenzie Scibetta can be reached at mackenzie.scibetta@student.shu.edu