Former SHU basketball star Fuquan Edwin arrested in prostitution sting

Former Seton Hall University graduate and basketball player Fuquan Edwin was one of 13 men arrested Friday night in a prostitution sting in Paterson, N.J., according to Joe Malinconico of

The sting was conducted by the Passaic County Sheriff’s Office, particularly in the area of Market and East 26th streets, according to authorities.

“Because of several prostitution-related complaints, from Paterson residents, the sheriff’s office once again conducted this quality of life detail,” sheriff Richard Berdnik said, according to Malinconico.

Edwin was with friend and former Rutgers standout Myles Mack at the time of his arrest. Mack too was arrested in the sting operation.

Edwin and Mack were arrested around 7:45 p.m. after allegedly offering money to an undercover law-enforcement officer posing as a prostitute.

Edwin has since been released after being processed, authorities said.

Edwin, 23, was not drafted in last year’s NBA draft, but participated in this year’s NBA summer league.

Several calls were made to Adam Pensack, president of Pensack Sports Management Group and Edwin’s current agent, but none of the calls were answered.

David Heim can be reached at

Author: David Heim

David is a junior journalism major at Seton Hall University. Aside from being the sports editor of The Setonian, David is a producer for Pirate TV on its weekly sports talk show 'Hall Talk.' David is also a contributing writer for AFC East Daily, where he covers the New England Patriots, as well as GothamSN, where he covers the New York Yankees. David also covers the New York Jets for DoubleG and has written for Bleacher Report.